Thread: Newbie

RC poster

Lightbulb Newbie

I purchased a the Rustler 4x4 VXL Brushless yesterday. In a matter of 3 hours, I was ordering parts from the Traxxas website. Broke the steering knuckle on the front end. No big deal, only one way way to learn, right.

Anyways, as I was ordering parts and I saw this system called TQi Telemetry Expander 2.0
    and GPS Module 2.0. I don't know much about anything at the moment, and I am wondering if I have it and only need to order the Bluetooth device to put in my remote to connect it to my apple product or is this something else or an upgrade to what I already have that came with the unit? Thanks in advance.

RC poster
    In addition to the bluetooth link module ($35), you'd need the telemetry expander and the various sensors to get the dashboard info displayed on your app. You can set up your endpoints, subtrims and other typical radio settings with just the Link module though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looks like the VXL comes with the 6533 receiver which will accept a couple sensors like volts,rpm and temp. If you want the GPS module then I believe you need the expander. I have the 6533 in my Slash with volts/temp/rpm sensors and the bluetooth module in my radio.....the app works great for both settings(as mentioned above) and the dashboard.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Racer
    I have the telemetry for my Rustl4r. Iíve got the expander with the gps module for speed, temp sensor for the motor, battery voltage & a temp sensor for the esc. Thinking about getting the temp sensor for the battery & the rpm sensor. Itís cool to be able to record tour runs also. I only run on asphalt & speed runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone. I am also new here. Interesting thread, thanks for the information.