Thread: Light box

RC Racer

Light box

Morning my fellow Traxonions.()
    My TRX-4 came with pre-installed lights which means it was done properly and there is a light box.
    My question is, I found a tactical body (which I hear is discontinued) so I didn't miss out on that opportunity!! I want to instal lights, but being aftermarket, how do I know if I can simply plug them into the light box?
    I can't seem to find specs...
    Included are pics of the light box and lights I want to use.

Thanks for your input as always

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

RC poster
    U should be able to use the lights on the OEM control module if u dont want the lights to have flashing effect because the traxxas control module only supplies constant power with no interruptor otherwise if u want the flashing of the lights u will need to use the control module that came with the aftermarket light kit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

That aftermarket light kit you have pictured is an all-in-one kit that would eliminate the OEM lighting controller altogether. Basically, you just feed it 4.8-6VDC and it powers the LEDs. I would remove the OEM controller and plug in to the same power port.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    Thanks guys. I left the OEM controller for when I use the Sport body with preinstalled lights.
    And I have plugged the new lights directly on last channel of receiver for when I use tactical body.
    I assume plugged into receiver the lights only take the power they need so shouldn't have issues there?

Now comes the fun part of trying to neatly organise the 12 wires throughout the body

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by B-stinga View Post
    Thanks guys. Now comes the fun part of trying to neatly organise the 12 wires throughout the body
    Adhesive cable mounts to the rescue...!

https://www.amazon.com/XHF2018-Adhes...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired