Thread: Winter Fun!

RC Qualifier

Thumbs up Winter Fun!

After waiting over a month it finally came in.

Modified it before I even powered it up.
    Blue shock springs, aluminum pivot ball caps, and rocker arm bearings took care of the suspension.
    Proline Titus beadlock wheels with Duratrax sixpack tires for grip. (I wish Proline made badlands in this size).
    Shimmed the diffs and geared it 18/50 on 3s. (Going to try 21t pinion, as after one pack the esc didn't even get warm).
    Next upgrade are adjustable toe links and steel hollow balls.

It's the perfect size to use in my driveway. The TSM worked great for drifting action on the ice. I turned it off to see how much it helped, I turned it right back on. I couldn't make a trip around without constantly spinning out. I love this new technology!
    I'm going to have to get another one for the Nieces and Nephew to use together. I think being a smaller vehicle it wouldn't be so intimidating to use as the Erevo 2.0, and enjoy them more.

RC Qualifier
    Very nice build ! You are inspiring me to get a new steering servo and get my mini revo back on the road
    Also, I have Badlands on mine , but I want to get a set of those duratrax tires to save wear on them ( I donít wanna wear them out prematurely)
    I would really like to try one with TSM.
    I have been looking at getting a DumboRC 6 channel for one of my 2wd trucks,it has a gyro that works similar to Traxxas TSM those are a handful in winter.
    Last edited by Dakratfink; 02-11-2020 at 04:50 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    Very nice build ! You are inspiring me to get a new steering servo and get my mini revo back on the road
    Also, I have Badlands on mine , but I want to get a set of those duratrax tires to save wear on them ( I donít wanna wear them out prematurely)
    I have been looking at getting a DumboRC 6 channel for one of my 2wd trucks,it has a gyro that works similar to Traxxas TSM those are a handful in winter.
    For the price I was skeptical at first, as they seemed thin. Surprisingly at the present gearing/speed the duratrax tires don't balloon into pizza cutters and have decent traction. The TSM or another stability setup does make it more enjoyable on the ice. IMO it's well worth the cost.
    I wonder how well it would work in an older vehicle? (possibly in a Monster Beetle )

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    Also, I have Badlands on mine , but I want to get a set of those duratrax tires to save wear on them ( I don’t wanna wear them out prematurely)
    I use the DumboRC tx/rx in my 2wd brushed Stampede. It came with the old 27mhz setup, had to go, was a good excuse to try the supposedly good cheap option.

The Stampede doesn't really get me a whole lot of benefit to the gyro, but I can verify that it does work and has been doing well so far.

I'll probably buy two or three more for my faster RCs.