RC Competitor

Tires for my e revo 2.0?

Best tires for e revo 2.0 for grass,sand, and a bit of pavement...

RC Racer
    Grass and sand are 1 thing and pavement is another. Anything that works good in sand and grass is not gonna be the best for pavement. Stock tires are a good compromise for all around bashing.

RC Competitor
    I know the stock tires are good, but they keep blowing out.

Wrap them with kevlar cord. Keeps them from ballooning and exploding or pulling off the bead. I use a 500lb version of this:
    https://www.amazon.com/emma-kites-Br.../dp/B01850OSRW

I used to use multiple wraps of 70lb yellow, now I use a single wrap of 500lb black:

I just bought a set of talon ext's that I intend on wrapping the same. They were used, so the beads on one of them needs a bit of TLC. I just wanted to try them, but they are heavier than the trenchers, or so I'm told. I still need to weigh them to see for sure.

For what it's worth, I really like the 3.8" trenchers. They seem to hold up well over time, at least when wrapped when running 6S. When I ran 4S in my MT's, I didn't wrap them and they still held up fine. When I started running 6S, I wrapped them. The one time I didn't, they blew off the bead about 5 minutes into my first pack on my savage flux hp. I run a center diff in it and the front tires blew off. I stopped before the foams or tires were destroyed.

I run trencher 3.8's on my ERBEv2, outcast and savage flux. I run in grass 75% of the time and skate parks the rest of the time. They get decent grip and wear really well, even on the rough concrete my skate park has.
    Last edited by olds97_lss; 02-12-2020 at 11:00 AM.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

I really like the Badlands mx38 works well on dirt and wet sand. Decent enou on road and grass.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk