RC poster

Unhappy Receiver was not connecting, now no signs of life

My son's Rustler 4x4 VXL ran into difficulties this morning and became unresponsive, despite having power. The TX and RX would not connect - RX light was red (blinking, if I recall). I tried re-binding the RX/TX (with fully charged batteries in each) but this failed to produce a result - both devices continued to blink red. I also found that sometimes the receiver light would not come on at all when powering on the ESC, or it would take several seconds to do so.

On inspection, I established water had gotten into the receiver box. I have removed the box from the car, removed the receiver from the box and removed the circuit board from the housing. All have been dried out to the best of my ability (used a hair dryer on low for the circuit board).

On first attempting to connect up the ESC and servo to the receiver board, I got much the same result as above - light would come on (mostly) and blink red. (FWIW, the fastest blink rate I noted was around 3-4 times per second at a guess, which happened after leaving the unit powered on for half a minute or so during a pairing attempt.)

However, since then I am getting no obvious signs of life at all from the receiver, either when powering it on normally, or when attempting the re-binding procedure.

Am I hosed, or is there still some way out of this mess?

Thanks for any advice!

Update: Just to add a little more info, I have the servo on CH1 and ESC on CH2 on the receiver... correct? FWIW, when I switch on the ESC, it blinks green (still no life from the receiver).
    Last edited by rixybix; 02-12-2020 at 08:39 AM.

Call Traxxas, and don't run in water.

RC poster
    Hahaha, I live in the west of Ireland. If we avoided running in wet conditions, we'd never drive.