Thread: How fast?

RC poster

How fast?

And be able to crawl? I know the summit isn't a tech crawler and will pretty much go over anything, but how fast can I make it while retaining crawler abilities? Sorry if this is one of those reoccurring questions. If so please direct me to the proper thread. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Find a brushless setup that is sensored. With a sensored setup it will crawl like a brushed motor but with more power, then you can go faster than the summit can handle.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Find a brushless setup that is sensored. With a sensored setup it will crawl like a brushed motor but with more power, then you can go faster than the summit can handle.
    Any suggestions? I'm new to the rc world. I am hands on to the fullest totally mech inclined. Id go into gear swaps if needed. What ever it takes. Also looking to water proof it as well. Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Castle Creations Mamba Monster X with their 2200kv sensored motor. It is sensored and waterproof. To install you would only need battery connectors installed on the ESC. This combo is probably one of the easier installs. Run it on 4s, shim the diffs and it should hold up reasonably well. Going past 4s the diffs and axles tend to break easier, it can be done but at a cost.

I'm not sure as to what a good starting point for pinion size would be. I run a different setup. Search for "Brushless summit with 2200 size motor" and see what others have run. Gearing would be the same as a non-sensored 2200kv motor. If you want to run a different motor you can do that also with the Mamba Monster X.

RC poster
    Right on! Much appreciated!