RC poster

Anybody else but me be in a car wreck with your E-Revo in the car with you?

Here's a thread where you can share your stories about being in a car wreck with your E-Revo or other R.Cs. I'm going to share my story to get this started. So me, my dad, and little sister were driving (in a big red Hummer H3, this will be important later) to a big race in Louisiana for crazy fast ATVs and we came to this 2-Way intersection that looked like a 4-way and us along with a huge semi truck didn't know that. So everything was going well until the both of us were crossing and then everything went bad from there, the semi truck hit on the passenger's side where I was sitting and some how I didn't get hit myself by a semi truck and was zoned out looking at the road ahead. I myself didn't know what was happening until we started rolling and as we were rolling I heard something heavy in the back of the Hummer moving around (I think we all know what that was, if you don't it was the E-Revo). So all of a sudden we stopped rolling right beside a huge ditch and some how the truck didn't fall into it. Note we did have a trailer attached with a Golf cart on it so that happened. We got out unharmed and so did the E-Revo mostly, we found it stuck in the back windshield with the wind shield itself being non-existent. The space between the tire and the main part of the truck was where the Hummer had it stuck. The firefighters that were driving by that saw us helped us get the R.C unstuck. Long story short Hummer was totaled, Golf cart and trailer were ok, E-Revo was mostly alright but I won't go into detail tho, we were not hurt either and we just had a few bruises and scratches and that was it. This happened in May of 2018 and just wanted to share.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Existing Person View Post
    Here's a thread where you can share your stories about being in a car wreck with your E-Revo or other R.Cs. I'm going to share my story to get this started. So me, my dad, and little sister were driving (in a big red Hummer H3, this will be important later) to a big race in Louisiana for crazy fast ATVs and we came to this 2-Way intersection that looked like a 4-way and us along with a huge semi truck didn't know that. So everything was going well until the both of us were crossing and then everything went bad from there, the semi truck hit on the passenger's side where I was sitting and some how I didn't get hit myself by a semi truck and was zoned out looking at the road ahead. I myself didn't know what was happening until we started rolling and as we were rolling I heard something heavy in the back of the Hummer moving around (I think we all know what that was, if you don't it was the E-Revo). So all of a sudden we stopped rolling right beside a huge ditch and some how the truck didn't fall into it. Note we did have a trailer attached with a Golf cart on it so that happened. We got out unharmed and so did the E-Revo mostly, we found it stuck in the back windshield with the wind shield itself being non-existent. The space between the tire and the main part of the truck was where the Hummer had it stuck. The firefighters that were driving by that saw us helped us get the R.C unstuck. Long story short Hummer was totaled, Golf cart and trailer were ok, E-Revo was mostly alright but I won't go into detail tho, we were not hurt either and we just had a few bruises and scratches and that was it. This happened in May of 2018 and just wanted to share.
    That’s actually a really intriguing and harrowing story. I’m so glad all the people involved were not seriously injured.
    Not a full size E Revo owner, but I have a 1;16 and a few other trucks I play with.
    I drive an older Ford Ranger most of the time, so not quite as much room as H3.
    When I travel with R/Cs in the truck with me I try to either keep them on the passenger floor, or behind the seat in the extended cab. That way, in the event of any kinda of accident or evasive maneuver, my R/C won’t become a projectile in the cabin .

RC poster
    I'm glad I kept mine in the back or somebody probably could have been knocked out by it.