RC poster

3s Motor recommendations?

So whatís the motor / esc combo everyoneís using nowadays? Iíve been out of the game for ~5 years and all my go-to motors are discontinued. Iím planning on using 3s mostly but I want something that wonít be too slow on 2s. Will occasionally run 2.8 trenchers but usually 17mm 2.2/3.0 wheels. Has to be waterproof, donít want sensored. Itís just a basher but it needs to be able to throw down in a drag race with other 3s Slashes.

Seems like the famous El Sob Special gets a lot of recommendations, but wouldnít that need 3-4s to perform at its full potential? Car currently has a eBay 2850kv 3670 (fits like a glove!) and a HW SC8. Havenít tried it on 3s yet but itís a dog on 2s, probably just under geared. Also have a spare 3150kv Axial since they are supposed to love 3s. Any help would be greatly appreciated, spring is right around the corner!

RC Qualifier
    HW SC8 with 3670motor should be beast on 3S if you gear up a little. Also HWSC8 is 4s capable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I’ll have to check the gearing when I get home. It won’t even pull the front tires off the ground on 2s, feels like it has no tourque.

RC Qualifier
    2S is not enough for 2800kv did you tried with 3S?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BatCarC6 View Post
    So what’s the motor / esc combo everyone’s using nowadays? I’ve been out of the game for ~5 years and all my go-to motors are discontinued. I’m planning on using 3s mostly but I want something that won’t be too slow on 2s. Will occasionally run 2.8 trenchers but usually 17mm 2.2/3.0 wheels. Has to be waterproof, don’t want sensored. It’s just a basher but it needs to be able to throw down in a drag race with other 3s Slashes.

Seems like the famous El Sob Special gets a lot of recommendations, but wouldn’t that need 3-4s to perform at its full potential? Car currently has a eBay 2850kv 3670 (fits like a glove!) and a HW SC8. Haven’t tried it on 3s yet but it’s a dog on 2s, probably just under geared. Also have a spare 3150kv Axial since they are supposed to love 3s. Any help would be greatly appreciated, spring is right around the corner!
    Welcome to the forum and the addiction! You are among a group of people who share the love of the Traxxas Slash 4x4! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Remember we are here to help!

My advice to you is to buy a 2s lipo. It seems like you are setup for one. Or you could try a 20 tooth pinion gear on your motor. Yes, the El Sob special motor system 2.0 is my go to motor system
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!