RC poster

Just bought my 4 Tec and I smoked the esc first time i tried my 3s battery

it is used and always worked with 2s battery's for the month i have had it. I just tried my new 3S 5000MAH battery which i used with my Summit multiple times and it started smoking. Now after letting it cool for a hour i tried it with a 2s lipo and it just starts smoking when you throttle. Please help.

Thanks.

RC poster
    I tested it when at full throttle it rips like normal. Dosent go in reverse now and vibrates at low throttles n Dosen’t move

RC Racer
    Did you have a fan on the ESC ?
    In my experience, with 3S you need a fan on the ESC and a heatink and fan on the motor, unless you're mild in your driving.

RC poster
    Yes a dual fan heatsink on my motor and a fan on ESC. I’m a kid and I’m into this stuff but I’ve spent all my money so I don’t know what to do now. Will Traxxas cover me cuz I’ve been fragile with it and the vxl3s isn’t cheap. Btw all it does is chatters and only goes forward if full throttle. It won’t go into reverse.

RC poster
    Btw it started smoking as soon as I plugged in the battery. It was fully charged.

RC Racer
    I 've no experience with customer support from Traxxas.
    Support for Traxxas products in Europe is handled through the local hobby shops.

But I would contact them, maybe they can help you out.