RC poster

Rustler 4x4 VXL or XL-5 roller differences?

Hi.

I'm after a rustler 4x4, and after looking at the two various models, I've come to the conclusion that I should buy a roller chassis and build it up from there.

When looking at the two as roller chassis, the only difference I can see is the centre driveshaft, but I haven't been able to find out any other info. Are the diffs, end drive shafts, shocks, lower arms, ect any different between the two models?

The XL-5 sells slightly cheaper than the VXL as a roller kit, so wondering if it's worth getting the VXL for some additional upgraded bits. I'm going to be looking at putting a castle creations mamba and brush less motor in there, and probably run 4s, (unless I get bored and feel like rebuilding it more, then I may even get a 6s in there!).

Also, is anyone able to point me in the direction of a UK/EU based roller vendor, all I can see currently is USA vendors on eBay, which then have an additional 90+ customs charge on top.

Thanks

Diffs are different. Download the exploded views of each through the Support button above to compare/contrast.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Diffs are different. Download the exploded views of each through the Support button above to compare/contrast.
    Yeah, i think from what i've heard the VXL roller chassis is made for brushless or faster preformance and the XL-5 is made for brushed or slower preformance.

In my opinion, if you're going to make your rusty run on 4s or even 6s i'd suggest you'd get the VXL roller