RC Enthusiast

ESC not powering off.

Ok so i put a single savox servo in my sons truck. Im having problems with it drifting to the left. I called savox and they wanted me to make sure the TMS was off and see if any firm ware needed updating. I checked and did an up date. After the update the ESC wont power off with the button it powers on with the button but wont power down. Batteries are fully charged no flashing lights. Anyone have any thoughts. No the update did not stop the drift. Thanks for any help.

ESC not powering off.

Nothing wrong here. Itís just what Traxxas programed the ESC to do.
    As far as the servo drifting to one side itís typical with savox servos. I run dual savox on my ERevo. Iím not sure if just one would make it more prone to doing so or what. But itís possible the TSM is activated. That has been known to make the wheels turn to one direction while just sitting there. Make sure the multifunction knob is completely off. To be sure of this under drive effects on the Traxxas app it shows what the multifunction knob controls. You can also manually slide the TSM Assistance to 0%. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Charger Man; 02-15-2020 at 09:37 AM.
    115 mph Heavily Moddified Slash 4x4 on 6s

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you!!!!! You are awesome!!!!!! I went through the truck while on the phone with savox. They said the servo should not drift. I made sure the TSM dial is set to zero and no help in the app. I sent Savox videos per their request. See what happens. Again thankyou for the response.

I have a Savox single servo set up as well. I found that if using the TSM, there is a very fine sweet spot on the low end that it had to be set to for it to work properly. I also found that I get servo drift as well. Mine is caused by the vibration sent through the truck, while ever so slight, from my motor cooling fans. If TSM is on, it picks this vibration up, and my servo drifts...shut the fans off or TSM off, recenters. Found it really only to happen if the truck is on and sitting stationary for 30 seconds to a minute. Doesn't seem to effect driving at all. And Charger Man is correct...the powering off switch disable is part of the newest update. Hope this helps you and your son! Happy driving.

RC Enthusiast
    Yes mine only seems to do it also when sitting still. I just noticed it when we got it stuck in the snow and i had to go get it and the tires where turned to the left and there was no imput from the controller. I even switched out controllers to see if it was a controller problem. Goofy TSM if that is the problem lol. We will see what Savox has to say. I just had put in the servo and probably would have never noticed if it didnt high side itself in the snow. We tried paddle tires snow was too deep. But it was cool for 10 ft. Lol thanks for the help everyone!!!!!

Yeah if it is doing it only while sitting still, it’s definitely tsm related. They will even do that with the stock servos.