Thread: New to lipos

RC poster

New to lipos

I have a 1/10 Traxxas summit and I've always used the stock batteries with it, well I've have found out that I can use 2s lipos on it because the esc has a low voltage mode. My questions are, can I run 2 lipos at once or just one? Do they have to be the exact same brand, mAh? Is there a limit on the mAh that I can run?

RC Champion
    Yes you値l need to run dual 2s lipos with the summit. There is no limit to how much MAH you can use. The ESC will only draw what it needs. Both batteries need to be the same MAH, same C rating and the same brand. Using mismatch batteries is a recipe for bad issues and possibly damaging your ESC. As for which batteries to run, that is a personal preference. Just make sure that whatever batteries you get, to check and make sure they will fit the battery trays. SMC makes some good batteries, and on their site they list which ones will fit in the summit/Erevo battery trays. Make sure you read up on how to properly use lipo batteries as they are different from the NIMH. Never leave them plugged in and also place them into storage mode when done using them. You値l need a charger that will charge them correctly as well. You値l be happy you made the switch from the stock batteries.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Yes you値l need to run dual 2s lipos with the summit. There is no limit to how much MAH you can use. The ESC will only draw what it needs. Both batteries need to be the same MAH, same C rating and the same brand. Using mismatch batteries is a recipe for bad issues and possibly damaging your ESC. As for which batteries to run, that is a personal preference. Just make sure that whatever batteries you get, to check and make sure they will fit the battery trays. SMC makes some good batteries, and on their site they list which ones will fit in the summit/Erevo battery trays. Make sure you read up on how to properly use lipo batteries as they are different from the NIMH. Never leave them plugged in and also place them into storage mode when done using them. You値l need a charger that will charge them correctly as well. You値l be happy you made the switch from the stock batteries.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    So from what you're saying I could run an onyx lipo 2s with 8000 mAh and a Traxxas 2s lipo with 7600 mAh and have no problems?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DWJM2513 View Post
    So from what you're saying I could run an onyx lipo 2s with 8000 mAh and a Traxxas 2s lipo with 7600 mAh and have no problems?
    Re-read what 222 wrote "...Both batteries need to be the same MAH, same C rating and the same brand. Using mismatch batteries is a recipe for bad issues..."

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Re-read what 222 wrote "...Both batteries need to be the same MAH, same C rating and the same brand. Using mismatch batteries is a recipe for bad issues..."
    Yeah skim and scan doesn't work the greatest for me lol. That's my fault.