RC Competitor

Question bought used xmaxx - trying to identify circuit? or something

bought a used xmaxx im in the process of kinda tearing it down to determine what i need to get it up to its full bash potential and came across something i need help with.

is this required? does it provide any benefit? thanks for the help in advance!

Take the shrink tubing off, see if you can see any markings, and where the wires go.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Champion
    Looks like a capacitor pack. Or what some call a ripple killer. Benefit is that it delivers smooth electrical flow, which in turn both enables your ESC to work more efficiently in sending power to the motor and prolongs the life of your esc. If in fact that is what you have. As said, take the heat shrink off and see what is under it.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

RC Competitor
    it has fed to it 1 from positive and 1 from negative wires coming out of the ESC. says "Tuning Haus"

its kind of an annoying tumor connected to my wires that flop around

edit:
    found it here - https://www.amazon.com/Tuning-Haus-P.../dp/B01J1L34Z6
    Last edited by whoflungpoo; 02-16-2020 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    Looks like a capacitor pack. Or what some call a ripple killer. Benefit is that it delivers smooth electrical flow, which in turn both enables your ESC to work more efficiently in sending power to the motor and prolongs the life of your esc. If in fact that is what you have. As said, take the heat shrink off and see what is under it.
    I thought it might be that too, but it's not shaped like a cap pack. So, I figured see what's under all that shrink tubing, and look for markings and see how it's wired.

Quote Originally Posted by whoflungpoo View Post
    it has fed to it 1 from positive and 1 from negative wires coming out of the ESC. says "Tuning Haus"

From what you're saying, it's wired in like a ripple filter. I use them on my boats, but they constantly pull a lot of amps. On land vehicles you really only need them if your batteries and ESC caps are always running hot.

RC Competitor
    cool thanks, when i put my xt90 plugs on it ill remove that capacitor pack/ripple filter thing from it

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    From what you're saying, it's wired in like a ripple filter. I use them on my boats, but they constantly pull a lot of amps. On land vehicles you really only need them if your batteries and ESC caps are always running hot.
    Correction:

From what you're saying, it's wired in like a ripple filter. I use them on my boats, but they constantly pull a lot of amps. On land vehicles you really don't need them unless your batteries and ESC caps are always running hot.

Sorry for any confusion.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 02-16-2020 at 06:35 PM.