RC Enthusiast

Near immediate low voltage

I have had an ERevo 2.0 for nearly a year now and it has performed perfectly. It wasn’t until just recently when driving in about an inch of snow that it goes into low voltage and has 50% power after about 5 seconds of run time. This has happened 3 straight times on 3 different sets of batteries. It runs full power for about 200’ then goes right into low voltage. When I check the ESC it has a solid red light in the “V” position. Like I said, it has been perfect until just yesterday when this started. The only thing new here is the snow which doesn’t make sense because it should be waterproof and a few seconds in the snow driving in a straight line SHOULDN’T be the issue but who knows? Any ideas what may be causing this? Thank you all in advance for any help!

Do you have a way to check the voltage on the batteries when this happenes? I know lipos dont perform well in the cold so the batteries could be struggling to provide the esc with what it needs. Just a thought.

it's alright son, I'll fix it
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Qualifier
    Was this also wide open throttle? Then it hits lvc?

I had this same issue start after a few months with my lectron pro batteries. I would do some test runs in the street. To make sure my fixes, fix stuff and it would hit lvc at WOT if I'm bashing or at the track. It wouldn't do this. Only with straight line with on those battery packs. Different brand. Non-issue.

Make sure you putting batteries back into storage mode. 3.7-3.8v after playing with them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    It does it with multiple sets of batteries, only in the snow and after going full throttle for about 4 seconds. I start running it in the snow (maybe 2" of snow) and by the time I get far enough away to turn it around, that's about when it goes into low voltage protection and has only 50% power. I remove the body and sure enough, the solid red light is on in the "V" position. I have an XMaxx also and it performs perfectly in the snow as any "water proof" system should. I have since run the Erevo on dry ground and it performs just as it should with no low voltage issues.