Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Bigger tires??

  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    221

    Bigger tires??

    Just wondering if anyone is running bigger tires? I wanted a stunt truck but couldn't get myself to buy an arrma so I bought the MAXX!! But to do stunts I'm gonna need bigger tires. I just want to know if the stock drive shafts can handle tires like the dboots backflip lp's on 3s? I think they are somewhere around 40grams heavier than the stock tires with alot of traction. Plus I just got the maxx yesterday and already ripped a stock tire on 3s the sidewalls are verry soft. What is everyone's thoughts and experiences? Thanks

  2. #2
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Atonimo View Post
    Just wondering if anyone is running bigger tires? I wanted a stunt truck but couldn't get myself to buy an arrma so I bought the MAXX!! But to do stunts I'm gonna need bigger tires. I just want to know if the stock drive shafts can handle tires like the dboots backflip lp's on 3s? I think they are somewhere around 40grams heavier than the stock tires with alot of traction. Plus I just got the maxx yesterday and already ripped a stock tire on 3s the sidewalls are verry soft. What is everyone's thoughts and experiences? Thanks
    Proline badlands flip good
    2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    221
    Do you know how much they weigh?

  4. #4
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Atonimo View Post
    Do you know how much they weigh?
    Not sure. Have to check the proline website.
    2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

  5. #5
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by IamRevoMaster View Post
    Proline badlands flip good
    2.8 or 3.8?

  6. #6
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by TC450 View Post
    2.8 or 3.8?
    3.8 proline 1128-11 I believe
    2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

  7. #7
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by IamRevoMaster View Post
    Not sure. Have to check the proline website.
    How are these drive shafts holding up with those tires?

  8. #8
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Atonimo View Post
    How are these drive shafts holding up with those tires?
    Iíve had no issues with the steel cvsís and these tires. The little extra ground clearance is nice and the Badlands have great traction, they do feel soft tho , not sure how they would hold up on pavement.

  9. #9
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeboy View Post
    I’ve had no issues with the steel cvs’s and these tires. The little extra ground clearance is nice and the Badlands have great traction, they do feel soft tho , not sure how they would hold up on pavement.
    Thanks. I'm gonna upgrade the axles but not until I decide if I want to do the widemaxx kit or not. I tried the dboots backflip lp's today and they did made the maxx flip pretty well on 3s. I will see if I can find the weight on the badlands

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    10
    I run the backflips on my Maxx it's pretty awesome. I'm on 4S.

  11. #11
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by captrons71 View Post
    I run the backflips on my Maxx it's pretty awesome. I'm on 4S.
    What backflips are you running? Lp's or the 6s ones? Also are you still on stock axle's? If so how is that working out? If not what ones are you running? Thanks

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    640
    I understand those Prolines balloon like crazy??

    Are they are straight swap - no weight difference causing any temp issues or gearing changes?
    Last edited by Double G; 02-14-2020 at 08:31 AM. Reason: merge duplicate
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

  13. #13
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Atonimo View Post
    How are these drive shafts holding up with those tires?
    They have been flawless so far.
    2-REVo 3.3
    1 summit
    2-XMAXX
    And many others

  14. #14
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1
    Got a set of the SRC Terrain Crusher belted tires. Found them for a good price and thought they would be worth trying. I ran them without the wide kit and they are super grippy with zero ballooning. I was happy with them but saw that they did rub a little bit on the front shock springs. Finished up the wide kit last night. Hopefully send it later today!

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •