RC Racer

1 remote multiple vehicules.

Wondering if there is a remote control out there than can be programmed to several rc's at the same time by a simple switch of a button so that they could follow each other by switching back and forth.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    There are several like this . The Traxxas TQI is capable of doing that . There are lots of higher end radios that do so too. The Spektrum DTX5 ( I think it’s called ) is a popular choice that also does this .

You will only be able to control one vehicle at a time. To switch between them you would need to power off the Receiver and Transmitter and then turn on the Transmitter and different vehicle. The radio system won't connect to more than one receiver at a time.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    You will only be able to control one vehicle at a time. To switch between them you would need to power off the Receiver and Transmitter and then turn on the Transmitter and different vehicle. The radio system won't connect to more than one receiver at a time.
    That's what I was thinking... I know you can program some remotes with several vehicules. But switching from one to the other would be the equivalent of turning off transmitter without turning off esc.

So next question:
    Is it possible for 2 receivers to receive the same signal from 1 remote... I would love to be able to shoot videos of both my trx's at the same time without having to get a second driver lol

With the 2.4Ghz I don't think it's possible. The old AM crystal radio's might be able to. They were a different type of technology. Maybe somebody has tried and will chime in.

RC Racer
    So trying to search again using different wording, and voilą! It can be done!

https://youtu.be/NZsEN2L6G8Y

Looks like might be time for the next project lol

Wow, I did not think it was possible. I hope you get it to work, and hopefully without needing to buy all new equipment. Cool project for sure!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Wow, I did not think it was possible. I hope you get it to work, and hopefully without needing to buy all new equipment. Cool project for sure!
    Receivers are affordable but the remote is not... the one he used is discontinued so no way to know for sure if the replacement model can do the same. At over 450$ for the remote, I am not willing to be the test dummy. I don't have sponsors like he does lol
    But for sure if I ever do pull the trigger, I will give an update.

This has peaked my interest. I wonder if it was the Tx/Rx's or just the way he set them up. I never have tried linking two receivers at the same time, I will have to try when I get a chance.

RC Racer
    I think I found it...
    Have the remote and receivers, just need to set it all up and go for a test run
    Will hook up a video link of how once it's done (if it works lol)