Thread: Tra8654

Tra8654

Hey all. Iím looking for some 17mm adapters for a project Iím picking up parts for, and canít seem to find info on the Tra8654, specifically the diameter of the hole that goes over the axle, if that makes sense. I donít want to purchase a set of adapters and have them not fit and let them just sit in a drawer.

So, does anyone have any idea what the inner hole diameter is? Or can anyone measure one for me if they have time? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get off of work shortly and will measure for you. I actually have a brand new set pulled off of one of my E Revo 2.0s as well. If the dimensions work for what you need I would be happy to Pm ya and work out a price w shipping to get them to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    I get off of work shortly and will measure for you. I actually have a brand new set pulled off of one of my E Revo 2.0s as well. If the dimensions work for what you need I would be happy to Pm ya and work out a price w shipping to get them to ya.
    Thatíd be awesome, thanks Rick!

The inner diameter/opening that would fit over the axle is 8mm. Remember on the E Revo 2.0 there is a center set screw that goes into the opening at the end of the axle that tightens against the pin going through the axle to hold the hub. They are not like older models where the pin going through the hub is threaded to hold itself in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hmm. Not sure if that would work. Trying to frakenstein those on might be a bit much. Any idea on Tra5353X?

This is the axle Iím trying to put 17mm hex hubs on, currently has a 17mm hex adapter and uses a flanged nut to hold the wheel on. I want to use a standard 17mm setup, easy to deal with.

TRA5353X is the style you would want as the ones I have for the E Revo 2.0 won't work with that axle set up. Sadly I only have 2.0 E Revos at the moment so can't get you measurements off of the 5353x. You are on the correct path though. Ill do some research and see if I can't find the dimensions for ya tonight.

I think the axle is 10mm, might be able to drill out the hole and drill a small hole and tap it for a grub screw to tighten to the pin to hold it on.

Nope I canít measure with this plastic measuring stick lol I looked up the hex adapter and found that the inner diameter of it is 7.5mm, so Iím going to guess the axle width is around 7.5mm. Those 8654 just might work with a little modification.

RC Qualifier

Grizzly03 which one is that the measurement for?

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Hmm. Could drill out the back part of the adapter to fit the wider part of the axle and drill out the front half to fit over the threaded portion snug, and use the threaded pin screw to secure it on the axle. I donít have a digital caliper, though I should probably invest in one. There is one at work and Iíll take an axle along with me tomorrow to see what it measures. Thanks for the help guys.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    Grizzly03 which one is that the measurement for?
    Took a 17mm wheel hex off my Summit. It is Traxxas part# 5353X. Part# is in picture, LOL

These are the pins that hold it on the axle Traxxas part# 5189
    Last edited by grizzly03; 02-19-2020 at 11:41 PM.

Facepalm...lol...sorry Grizzly03...been a long day. I'm getting old, clearly.

RC Qualifier
    No worries. I thought to myself before I posted I should have changed the font color of the part number, but I forgot.

Appreciate the help guys. Iím going to call it a night as itís now midnight, I should be getting to bed.

Harbor freight has a digital micrometer for like 10 to 15$ .

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk