RC poster

anyone ever use the single body post mount on the rear shock tower to mount a body?

not sure if this has been asked before, but on the traxxas rustler, you actually only use 3 body posts. Two in the front and one in the rear center.

Anyway, could you do something similar with the traxxas slash body? The rear shock towers appear to be identical to the rustler and it also shows a tiny little nub in the center rear where you would put the body.

Obviously, you would need to extend that little nub but I believe there are rc companies that make extenders that slot over body post rods.

Long story short - I have a project... (don't all questions start out this way...)

I'm converting a rustler to a slash and instead of buying a rear body post mount I would prefer to just use the existing nub with a body post extender I already have and mount an old slash body (which I already have) with the stock body holes in the front and a drilled out hole in the center rear.

If rustlers can do it, why can't slash?

RC Qualifier
    I don't see why you couldn't use a single post other than all the stress on the body during a rollover or crash would be transmitted to a single mounting point instead of spread out over two post. I would recommend reinforcing that area of the body. I like the flex seal tape personally.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    so i just ended up buying the front/rear body posts from traxxas after all. just didn't want to hassle with the effects of crashing as the previous post indicated on a single body post. was just 6 bucks anway.