RC Enthusiast

Battery tray adapter

Getting my XMaxx ready for its maiden voyage. (Pick up ESC for LHS tomorrow - never ran the VXL-8s figure I can sell it better if never ran)

Batteries I picked up (unsure of forum rules don't know if I can name non Trx stuff) were a bit short in all ways. Picked up some 1/4" marine plastic cut it to the tray size, added the foam spacer that came with the truck, added a 1/16" foam sheet to the bottom and blam, battery fits nice n snug with the factory clips.

Just need to convert all to newer plugs and we are set!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CDUBCustomz View Post
    Getting my XMaxx ready for its maiden voyage. (Pick up ESC for LHS tomorrow - never ran the VXL-8s figure I can sell it better if never ran)

Batteries I picked up (unsure of forum rules don't know if I can name non Trx stuff) were a bit short in all ways. Picked up some 1/4" marine plastic cut it to the tray size, added the foam spacer that came with the truck, added a 1/16" foam sheet to the bottom and blam, battery fits nice n snug with the factory clips.

Just need to convert all to newer plugs and we are set!

Outstanding work, you bring me an idea.

If you go to Traxxas Spartan battery straps for your Xmaxx, you can do whatever you want.

Die a man, than live like a Traxxas unmentionable.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    If you go to Traxxas Spartan battery straps for your Xmaxx, you can do whatever you want.

This seems smart, and lighter weight to boot! Are they up to holding in a 4s pack at high impact speeds seen during bashing? I assume they must or you wouldnt use them, or maybe you dont bash?

RC Enthusiast
    Straps are held in by cutting a big V and putting them under the battery side plates?

RC Qualifier

Battery tray adapter

you can also buy battery plates with more straps they come with two short and one long I removed one right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier

Is a very smart idea, please, Ņwhat is the lenght of this straps?, maybe I put this system on my unit.

Quote Originally Posted by ben1272 View Post
    This seems smart, and lighter weight to boot! Are they up to holding in a 4s pack at high impact speeds seen during bashing? I assume they must or you wouldnt use them, or maybe you dont bash?
    I have a hoped-up 6s system, and use large capacity 3s batteries that are about the same size as Traxxas 4s batteries. I'm a big basher, and a reasonable jumper (I don't jump over my house and garage). I have never had one of my batteries come loose, and I've had my Xmaxx since when they first came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    Is a very smart idea, please, Ņwhat is the lenght of this straps?, maybe I put this system on my unit.
    I did a post on how to install them a while back. If you can't find it let me know. If I can't find it I'll post them again. As far as the length of the straps; I cant remember, but it's not hard to measure them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    you can also buy battery plates with more straps they come with two short and one long I removed one right now
    Not trying to be negative here, but what I like about my way (rather than bolting in the straps) was I didn't need to drill holes in my chassis, I didn't need to add any additional parts, and I had smooth (no nuts) surfaces for my batteries to rest on. (IMO) I like your bolt-in way (you did a nice job), but I would use flat-head screws and counter sunk holes on the battery side of my battery trays. Doing so, will let you use both hard and soft case batteries without beating them up as they lay in the battery trays during bash sessions.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 03-02-2020 at 04:17 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not trying to be negative here, but what I like about my way (rather than bolting in the straps) was I didn't need to drill holes in my chassis, I didn't need to add any additional parts, and I had smooth (no nuts) surfaces for my batteries to rest on. (IMO) I like your bolt-in way (you did a nice job), but I would use flat-head screws and counter sunk holes on the battery side of my battery trays. Doing so, will let you use both hard and soft case batteries without beating them up as they lay in the battery trays during bash sessions.
    When I made my CF plates a year or so ago, thatís what I did. Countersunk first sure. It would be an easy modification.

RC Qualifier
    Regular guy the strap donít let the batteries get near the bolts and thereís not length problems because there is no foam on each end

RC Qualifier
    I did a post on how to install them a while back. If you can't find it let me know. If I can't find it I'll post them again. As far as the length of the straps; I cant remember, but it's not hard to measure them out.
    Hi, thanks for your kind response, I appreciate this very much, Ņif it's possible you post again?, I try to find the older post but has no results. I measure the lenght, it's necessary almost 40 or 50 cm for strap or put two hooked for each battery tray. I try to install maybe this weekend, like very much the idea.

RC Enthusiast
    If you google battery strap xmaxx, one of the top posts is it.

RC Qualifier
    If you google battery strap xmaxx, one of the top posts is it.

Thanks, I try again and found a video too.

Last edited by Juanmacine; 03-02-2020 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    Regular guy the strap don’t let the batteries get near the bolts and there’s not length problems because there is no foam on each end

I can't say I fully understand, but I trust you. (lol)

RC Qualifier
    I finally did it.

Last edited by Juanmacine; 03-04-2020 at 05:12 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    you put contact cement underneath also, or just wedge the straps under the 2 end plates?

You should have taken out the factory support while you had the 2 end pieces out, no?

I finally did it.

Yep, get rid of the factory battery supports. Also, you want a little bit more length in the Velcro flap that secures your battery. The more Velcro contact area you have with your strap's flap, the more securing strength you'll have for holding in your battery.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you put contact cement underneath also, or just wedge the straps under the 2 end plates?

You should have taken out the factory support while you had the 2 end pieces out, no?
    I donít like the idea of contact cement, Iíve crashed badly and snapped my straps before. Of course maybe Iím misunderstanding.

RC Qualifier

I wedge the straps under the end plates, but, the screws under the trays drills the straps and hold them. I have a pieces of foam for the battery holders, more secure with all.

Yep, get rid of the factory battery supports. Also, you want a little bit more length in the Velcro flap that secures your battery. The more Velcro contact area you have with your strap's flap, the more securing strength you'll have for holding in your battery.
    I understand and like your idea, but, in this moment, prefer to stay with the battery holders too, with the two systems, for me, it's more secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I donít like the idea of contact cement, Iíve crashed badly and snapped my straps before. Of course maybe Iím misunderstanding.

For me, the contact cement is not a bad idea, but prefer drill the straps with the underneath screws of the trays. Of course, this is my humble opinion.
    Last edited by Double G; 03-15-2020 at 08:01 PM. Reason: merge, use the multiple quote button

I understand and like your idea, but, in this moment, prefer to stay with the battery holders too, with the two systems, for me, it's more secure.
    I'm a baby stepper too, but (I got to say) you got me beat. (lol)

P.S. Laughing with you, not at you.

RC Qualifier
    I'm a baby stepper too, but (I got to say) you got me beat. (lol)

P.S. Laughing with you, not at you.
    I understand you perfectly, at the moment I want to go taking little baby steps

RC poster
    If you have any doubt about your battery coming out, use some Velcro. I use Velcro in all my ex cars and the batteries are super secured. ( When Used with the stock battery holders.

Quote Originally Posted by RcCorbin View Post
    If you have any doubt about your battery coming out, use some Velcro. I use Velcro in all my ex cars and the batteries are super secured. ( When Used with the stock battery holders.
    I do that with my boats. It does work very well.