Maxx bumper light kit on to a Revo 2.0

So in my search for a lighting kit.

My goal is to use the #8990 Maxx LED light kit. And wire it up to the 2.0.
    Udr kit probably won't work.

Anyone got a Maxx and a 2.0. To see if the Maxx bumper can mount up. Or if some slight modification will make it mount?

Only issue is no idea if it would work even with some mods

Have seen that the summit bumper lights will work. And tap into the receiver. But not sure if I get on off functionality from the link app.

But like the idea of how the High-Voltage Power module works.

Should be able to then add on some under body lighting easy as well then.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I just looked at both rigs real quick and it looks like the maxx bumper should go on to the 2.0 if your willing to do a couple things. You would have to cut the little nubs that stick off the bumper mount of the 2.0 and drill new holes on the mount alittle farther apart then use some nuts to make sure your bolts are secure enough to hold. Looks like there might be another way to do it also but I think the way I explained should be fine. You might have to trim the body I'm not sure

I'm fine with making modifications. I think I would make it work. Even if I had to make a secondary mounting plate for it. I think it will work reasonable well. So hard to know if it's way to different or not but after study the pictures and looking at the 2.0. I I can make a few things work.

RC Racer
    I'm pretty sure I could make it work in about 20 or 30 minutes. Don't look that hard and looks like there could be a couple options for mounting it.

Thanks for looking I ordered the kit. I'm sure I can make something work I'll try to document what I do so if other want to do something similar they can.

RC Racer
    Nice I would like to see a finished pic. The maxx bumper will look mean on the 2.0

Heck yes! Can't wait to see it..post pics!

Here is some pictures of the mock up.

I didn't have any nuts for the bolts that fit the holes, and stores closed now.

All I had to do was take some L brackets I have grind off the ends and then drill a new hole in them as needed.

So all I gotta do is bolt it up and run the wires.

Since I guess I maxed my pics on Tapatalk this month... Here is a link

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3aJZEH3gcyBSe9Pu9

I guess perhaps one reason why they don't include a kit for this car is not really anywhere to mount the high voltage power amplifier.

So I'm thinking just some tape or glue to the receiver box lid. This is really the only place it can go and still have the wires from the bumpers reach it. They just need to make a receiver box lid with some mounting posts for it.

Also need to find out what connectors are used on the power amplifier. So if I wanted to do some custom under body body lighting like I did on my xmaxx. I need another connector. I don't have a connector to scavenge like I did on the xmaxx kit from the extension cable.

RC Racer
    That looks amazing. The front bumper looks mean and like it should come out of the box that way. Good job!!

The rear bumper does have to be upside down to fit with the wing. Wheelie bar does work with this mod. Can get 3 out of 4 wheelie bar positions.

Was able to bolt it up with 4mm x 14mm bolts and used 4mm 1/16 scale nylock wheel nuts. A little better if bolts were 4mm x 20mm but it's what I cobbled together.

Build not done today broke left front upper a arm, rear rod end, and bent left front shock rod end. So half way done replacing those, along with p2 rockers and bend support studs, and servo spacer spring. Left top arm was ca glued in at pillow ball and now pillow ball is stripped. So will see if I get her running tommorow. Scavenge the nitro slayer if lhs doesn't have anything in stock.

Cars back together, other than fiber taping and gluing the lid.

Pics and a vid can be found here.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Cars back together, other than fiber taping and gluing the lid.

Pics and a vid can be found here.

Nice work bro,maybe we will see a E revo 3.0 with your mod. it looks sikk.

one of the things I have found with these led kits is that they are the wires that are not designed for bashing. they break easily. the wires need to be about 2-3 wires sizes larger or need some kind of protective covering. I put heat shrink tubing over the wires, and that has helped but it needs even more protection than this.

i have not searched for the right kind of wire protector to use on this. probably something you would find for regular automotive grade wire protective tubing but smaller, than the 1/2in tubing I've used in past. I don't know how small this goes yet.