RC poster

Pls advice needed before buying xmaxx

I am thinking on buying the xmaxx but i have one question regarding the batteries.
    I wanted to bring two 3s lipo since i have one 3s already adn the charger. If i want to buy two 4s and new charger it will be too much for me right now. So my question is if the 6s is going to give a good experience with it? Is there too much difference between 6s and 8s ? Can i doo wheelies with the 6s? And if the 6s are more safe than using the 8s?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Iíve never run 6S, but plenty of people do. Itís 8.4 volts difference so thatís a lot. Iíd run it on 6S, get comfortable, when finds allow, get a good set of 4S batteries and hang on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What charger do you currently have? If charger will do 3s. It should be able to do 4s. But without knowing what you got we can't tell you.

You can run it on 2- 3s batteries. I've ran mine a little on 2- 2s batteries for my Merv just to walk it back to car.

The xmaxx is a blast. Get it and save up for a set of 4s batteries. And then as needs allow a good charger if one is needed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    My charger is the ezpeak traxxas 4amp only for 2s and 3s and mentioned on the box. Can i charge 4s on it?

RC Racer
    My xmaxx is running 22/46 gearing on 6s at the moment and it does wheelies no problem!! Its pretty darn fast on that gearing on 6s. Even on 15/45 its fast enough. I ran mine on 15/46 and 6s for the last 2.5 years and was happy. I recently upgraded my esc to hw max6 when the stock one died and decided to try a gearing change before buying 8s batts and it made a big difference for alot less $$ than batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsuda View Post
    My charger is the ezpeak traxxas 4amp only for 2s and 3s and mentioned on the box. Can i charge 4s on it?
    No. You would need a 4s capable charger to charge 4s batteries.

So if it's the 4amp. Then a no go...

Plenty of good chargers out there most are 100 to 300$ plus any power supply if they are a DC to DC charger.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    The Xmaxx is a lot of fun right out of the box. I’ve been using it that way for 3 years. Regular 6S. I did upgrade the shock oil and springs, but everything else has stayed stock. You will enjoy it!
    My slash on the other hand left me wanting much more than stock allowed. Lots of money dumped into the slash to mak it fast and fun.