RC Competitor

Traxxas brand Battery question for Maxx

What size 4s battery fits best in these things when comparing these 2?

ē2888x
    ē2889x

I know there are plenty of battery options, but I have young kids, traxxas charger, etc... my
    Kids are better off sticking with what is dead simple for them. And I already have all traxxas stuff. So Iím only interested in traxxas batts for this thing.

RC Competitor
    I am not sure what you mean “fits the best” but go to models>maxx> then batteries and it will show you what fits. Hope that helps.

RC Competitor
    There are 2 of the 4s batts listed (long and short). Same specs just different sizes. It gives the dimensions, but I wondered how the tray in the vehicle fits them. If one is better fit than the other. Example: 1 of them requires foam pieces to fit properly, while one doesn’t? One of them the wires pinch and the other doesn’t. Etc.. not much info on this anywhere. Only non traxxas batts

RC Competitor
    Guess I should of added that I don’t yet own one of these. So I don’t have one on hand to see for myself (until next week when it’s delivered) Was just trying to see which of the two would be better overall fit for this specific truck. Honestly, I don’t understand at all why that info is so hard to find. It’s a traxxas product, and traxxas batteries with 2 different dimensions, but no explanation as to why there are 2 different sizes. I don’t get it. Guess I’ll wait and see for myself which one I want to get.

RC Racer
    The 'short' ones fit with the cushions in. The 'long' ones fit with the cushions out.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTigger View Post
    The 'short' ones fit with the cushions in. The 'long' ones fit with the cushions out.
    Thanks man! That’s what I wondered. I should probably get the long in that case, since I already have long 3s batts. So that way while alternating batteries I don’t have to alter the tray with foam pieces to swap back and forth. Lol. I just answered my question as to why they make a long and short I think!

RC poster
    I have a 2889x and it fits if you remove the foam piece in the tray and use the included battery spacer

RC Competitor
    I donít mean to hijack this thread, but where are you guys ordering the 2889x from? Amazon? eBay? I ordered my maxx from amain, but they donít carry the 2889x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nrvous1 View Post
    I don’t mean to hijack this thread, but where are you guys ordering the 2889x from? Amazon? eBay? I ordered my maxx from amain, but they don’t carry the 2889x.

I got my 2889x from my local Hobbytown store, they sell the battery solo or as part of a completer pack with a charger. It looks like you can also order the battery from Hobbytown's website

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jman91 View Post
    I got my 2889x from my local Hobbytown store, they sell the battery solo or as part of a completer pack with a charger. It looks like you can also order the battery from Hobbytown's website
    Thanks man. Our local hobbytown went out of business and I saw that thereís another lhs that stocks a bunch of traxxas parts. I completely forgot about them and ordered the 2889x directly from traxxas. Iíll probably go to the lhs and buy a second battery tomorrow.

RC Competitor
    Finally got this truck. This came in the package. So this paper explains the difference. They supply a piece to use the longer and thinner 2889x battery.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed-The-Ace View Post
    Finally got this truck. This came in the package. So this paper explains the difference. They supply a piece to use the longer and thinner 2889x battery.

Mine gets delivered tomorrow. Is that the extra piece that sits inside the battery box to take up the extra room? I also have the 2889x battery coming in the mail.

RC Competitor
    Yes. You just have to remove the foam from inside the tray, and also remove the foam piece in the actual lid. Then snap this piece into the lid. It will fit just fine I think. But I myself am going with the 2888x. I just like that setup better personally. Was going to get the longer battery so I could easily swap between my long 3s batteries if needed, but Iíll probably never run on 3s anyways.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed-The-Ace View Post
    Yes. You just have to remove the foam from inside the tray, and also remove the foam piece in the actual lid. Then snap this piece into the lid. It will fit just fine I think. But I myself am going with the 2888x. I just like that setup better personally. Was going to get the longer battery so I could easily swap between my long 3s batteries if needed, but Iíll probably never run on 3s anyways.
    Me neither. I watched so many video reviews on YouTube and all were running 4s lipos. Iíll probably never run 3s either.

RC Competitor
    I tried 3s once. It is underpowered. Hard to do flips in the air, really miss the wheel speed on 3s. I was using a 6500mah 70c pack the punch is there in the pack, but 11 volts don’t cut it for me.