RC poster

Question Latrax Rally car 1/18 broken and looks different than today model

Hi guys,

I have bought here in France a Latrax Rally 1/18. The car did not last a long for an "inside house RC car".

There is 2 majors troubles:
    * The controller doesn't go in reverse way, only front
    * The 2 deferentials seems to have suffer, I need to strip everything and replace all broken pinions

BUT... When I look today spare parts, I did not recognize my car: my Battery isn't a Traxxas connector but a Tamiya one. It's a 6V 1200mAh, not 7.2V.
    The controller isn't looking the same but it's written on it's body: "Latrax powered by Traxxas"

Is my car repairable with all the today spare parts? Or should I drop it and that's the end?

Thanks for your suggestions .

Cheers,

Phil

Sounds like you got an older model Latrax Rally. They used to come with the Tamiya connectors before Traxxas went to their own proprietary plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketzx1 View Post
    Sounds like you got an older model Latrax Rally. They used to come with the Tamiya connectors before Traxxas went to their own proprietary plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have look and follow you advice: It seems I have the very first version of the car.
    According to this page https://traxxas.com/search?keyword=3045
    And with the help of Google Images, I think I have a 3045 ESC, with no letter in the reference.

Today in France I've found a 3045X from, I guess, an old stock, who seems to feet in the car.
    And today Traxxas is only selling the 3045R with the Traxxas (c) battery connector.

I'll try to order the one here: the 3045X ref who'll allow me to use my current Tamya battery without mod.

Now I need to un-assemble the full car to see the damages on the differentials and see what I'll need to add to the basket to fix every trouble (and see if the available parts match my old chassis)

Cheers,

Phil

RC poster

Lads or ladys pleas help my poor traxxas, it is like a relic that i must protect

Ok um the problem im having is the diffs have to be pushed a certin direction to work properly. People how do i fix this?
    Last edited by SAMMYTHESLAM; 03-03-2020 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Bad spelling

RC poster
    look up diff shimming here in the forums...