RC Racer

Found my suspension setup. (No Losi springs!)

I couldn’t find any Losi springs to get my suspension to a good baseline, so I ordered a set of Integy springs. They came as 5 sets each of front and rear. I initially setup roughly equivalent to the Losi spring setup. The truck wasn’t happy. It was just kind of wallowing around corners and rolling over like a happy dog. I then decided to roll the dice and put on the stiffest springs on all 4 corners. This is about double the stiffness do the Losi setup. It works great! I had to keep and eye out for over steer, but it covered flat and soaked up the rough stuff. I used Associated 45wt in all four corners, in Traxxas Big Bore shocks.

It’s got me wondering how close this is to my previous setup using Rustler springs. It felt close, but more balanced.
    Last edited by monkeyracing; 02-22-2020 at 06:34 PM.

RC Racer
    I have the same set of springs. They make a dramatic difference over the progressives. I use blues in the front with 45 wt oil and blacks in the back with 40wt oil. The springs fit ultra shocks and the big bores too.

RC poster
    I also have the same set. My favorite thing about them is the length. It's absolutely perfect for the Ultras or BBs where it has just enough preload to be securely on the shock, not going to get dislodged. Then you can also add preload as needed via spacers or using the STRC threaded bodies or whatever. Going to the track today to try my setup out but currently I have blacks on all 4 corners and roughly 45wt in front and 50wt in rear. Rear also has 2 small preload spacers. We'll see how it does

RC Racer
    If anything, the rear is a little loose. That could also be due to the ground at our track being frozen solid (we race in a quonset that’s unheated all week) or the 3 toe out I tried. One way or the other, I’m surmised a 7lb spring works at all.