RC poster

Shredding 2085x steering servos??

So I picked up my xmaxx used last week. This weekend after driving it I rolled it over and after flipping it back I realized I donít have steering anymore.. tore it down and turns out the 2085x steering servo (high torque metal one) had stripped out the gears inside... yesterday I went out and got a replacement. Put it all together and it worked great. Drove it around my house a bit. Took a hard turn, cartwheeled it twice and lost all steering again.. seems like the brand new servo shredded its metal gears again. How can I avoid this?? Both times werenít even after a bad crash. Just rollovers on flat ground

Got the metal servo saver spring? Or replace it. As it's not doing its job. There may be some other tricks to help out as well. Hope others will chime in.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I have one in the truck and have a spare. Haven’t messed with it but def need to check it out I guess. The truck has all aluminum bellcrank and brace too so not sure if that has something to do with it

RC Racer
    Sounds like the servo saver is stuck. Not allowing it to operate. I’d just take the servo saver apart and inspect it.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubin View Post
    Sounds like the servo saver is stuck. Not allowing it to operate. I’d just take the servo saver apart and inspect it.
    Yeah that is where I would start.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubin View Post

Gotcha, how to I tell if it’s stuck? Havnt had this truck very long. My last truck didn’t have one

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysswrx View Post
    ...The truck has all aluminum bellcrank and brace too so not sure if that has something to do with it
    If it is an adjustable bellcrank and is adjusted wrong that would do it.

RC poster
    i have a related question, how tight are you supposed to make the spring?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by whoflungpoo View Post
    i have a related question, how tight are you supposed to make the spring?
    I’d also like to know

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I tighten all the way down, then loosen till I get it how I want. You should see the saver work if your holding the horn and trying to twist the wheels. The X-Maxx is tough because the spring is really strong. I run all aluminum steering and donít have the same issues as you, so Iíd go with itís either damaged or too tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I tighten all the way down, then loosen till I get it how I want. You should see the saver work if your holding the horn and trying to twist the wheels. The X-Maxx is tough because the spring is really strong. I run all aluminum steering and donít have the same issues as you, so Iíd go with itís either damaged or too tight.

I concur.

Iíve been light bashing my X for almost 3 years and after countless cartwheels and flips, never a steering problem. Sounds like something is not quite right in the steering gear.