RC Enthusiast

Question To Maxx or to XMaxx that is the question.

Hello awesome people of the traxxas community. I am on the fence of either buying a Maxx or Xmaxx. Money is not a issue. I do own E revo 2.0 and i was looking to get a 2nd Truck i may even let the wife try it lol. I checked out both trucks and this is a hard decision. If you all could give me a swift kick in the rear i think i will pull the trigger on one of them.
    Last edited by Double G; 02-26-2020 at 09:15 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Isle of man tt View Post
    Hello awesome people of the traxxas community. I am on the fence of either buying a Maxx or Xmaxx. Money is not a issue. I do own E revo 2.0 and i was looking to get a 2nd Truck i may even let the wife try it lol. I checked out both trucks and this is a hard decision. If you all could give me a swift kick in the rear i think i will pull the trigger on one of them.
    Xmaxx for sure. You won’t be disappointed.
    Last edited by Double G; 02-26-2020 at 09:15 PM.
    Fred Boylstein
    79 Goldwing
    VMAX

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fboylstein View Post
    Xmaxx for sure. You won’t be disappointed.
    i think you are right i keep going back to look at the xmaxx.

RC Champion
    There is no question xmax easy

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    If I could only have one x-maxx all day. I have both and enjoy both but the x-maxx is the king.

RC Racer
    X-Maxx forever.

RC Racer
    In the xmaxx section. Xmaxx for sure.

RC Qualifier
    I mean if money is not problem get the Maxx for your wife and the xmaxx for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Exactly.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post

i like the way you think.!

RC Racer
    i like the way you think.!
    He is right.

RC Enthusiast
    I was in a similar situation, ended up with XMaxx (mind you I haven't gotten to drive it yet, some parts just came in)

Not that money was an issue, but to get the Maxx to a good starting point (widemaxx maybe, but steel CVDS/Alu hexes, hardened suspenion Pins) the cost was $150 less than the XMaxx. I realize you don't have to have those parts, but to compare to what comes in the XMaxx stock it was a good comparison for myself. XMaxx IMHO is def worth the $150 over the Maxx.

To the point where I have thought maybe getting a Maxx for the Wife, but with the comparison I would almost rather get another XMaxx for her...

RC Racer
    I own both trucks and love them both. Tha maxx is fast and extremely durable in my experience. I have only ran it mabey 10 packs at this point but there was no break in period. It has been ran hard since the first trigger pull. I have not had anything break yet. I have owned my xmaxx 8s for over 2.5 years and it's amazing the only thing I have had to replace at this point has been a couple bearings and the esc and that was recently. I went to maxx 6 and I love the truck even more now. It really is a tank and so much fun to drive and watch. So my advice is buy them both. Buy the xmaxx first then when you get the maxx you will already have batteries and charger so it won't feel as bad as spending close to $800 for the maxx and everything u need to get going. The xmaxx is so much bigger it don't feel as bad spending close to double that to to get going.

RC Enthusiast
    I would get the X Maxx, then you probably wont want the Maxx.

RC poster
    I have both and don't think you can go wrong with either, they are both a blast to drive. I got the Maxx first, then really wanted an X-Maxx. If I got the X-Maxx first, I may not have gotten the Maxx (maybe a Slash or UDR).

When you take money out of the equation though, I would say get the X-Maxx.

Might depend a lot on what you want to do with it. I know I like my smaller trucks at the skate parks. The big ones are fun, but the smaller ones seem to handle the big jumps with less problems. Less weight hitting the ground 50 times in a row.

If you were choosing between a maxx and stampede 4x4 vxl, then I'd say maxx. They are at least similar in size and purpose.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

I have both and actually find the Maxx to be more fun and versatile as to where I can run it.

The X-Maxx is impressive, the Maxx is just pure fun!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    I have both and actually find the Maxx to be more fun and versatile as to where I can run it.

The X-Maxx is impressive, the Maxx is just pure fun!
    Yeah one of the reasons I got the maxx. X-maxx takes a fair bit of room run if you like to open it up. Plus 2 I like to run all day and feeding batteries two at time in the x-maxx gets expensive quick.

I just sold off a x-maxx to get a 2nd maxx. That will give me two of each. Both have there place, if I was only limited to one I think it would be x-maxx, but I do enjoy the maxx for different reasons. Note I run a car and my kid runs a car so it is one for each for us I am not that greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by TC450 View Post
    Yeah one of the reasons I got the maxx. X-maxx takes a fair bit of room run if you like to open it up. Plus 2 I like to run all day and feeding batteries two at time in the x-maxx gets expensive quick.

I just sold off a x-maxx to get a 2nd maxx. That will give me two of each. Both have there place, if I was only limited to one I think it would be x-maxx, but I do enjoy the maxx for different reasons. Note I run a car and my kid runs a car so it is one for each for us I am not that greedy.
    I do something similar but for an even more silly reason... I can fit a single 1/8th and 1/10th truck in my carry bag easily. So 9 out of 10 times, that's what I do. Unless I've made changes to a couple 1/8th trucks and I want to see what they do, then I'll force 2 to fit in the bag...

Having one that runs a single pack extends my bash time as well.

It's odd though, you wouldn't think taking 2 1/8th sized trucks would be that big of a difference, but I have to say, carrying my bag down 3 flights of stairs then 75 yards to my car... It's noticeable! Especially when I come home... Doesn't help that when I take a 1/8th and 1/10th, I have 6 packs, but when I take 2 1/8ths, I take 8 packs.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Enthusiast
    You guys are awesome here, i did not expect so much feedback. I have taken it all into consideration. I ended up going for the Xmax. Go big or go home the Traxxas Way Of Lyfe .

RC Racer
    You guys are awesome here, i did not expect so much feedback. I have taken it all into consideration. I ended up going for the Xmax. Go big or go home the Traxxas Way Of Lyfe .
    I ran an original T-Maxx, ran E-Maxx and the Brushless version. Converted the T-Maxx to Brushless.

I also played with 4Pedes, and also have an 8S X I run on 6S.

While the T and E Maxxs certainly had more finess, they ultimately are not as simple and durable as my 4Pede and X-Maxx. I ebayed all my T and E Maxx stuff.

RC Qualifier
    If I did not have my E-Revo 2.0 I would have bought a Maxx a long time ago. I have a Slash 4x4 Platinum and an 8S X-Maxx and just have not been able to justify getting a Maxx. I would rather have a Maxx for big jumps instead of the Slash 4x4 and the X-Maxx. The Slash is just too weak to jump big jumps like the X-Maxx, and I do not have much faith in my E-Revo to not break. You will love the X-Maxx for the all around fun factor. You cannot go wrong with it.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Enthusiast
    I have both. I bought the xmaxx 8s, had to change the ESC to the max 6 esc because it was getting twitchy. Then bought the Maxx 4s, and spent the extra money on the widemaxx kit and the steel drive shafts and hubs. They are both fast and durable vehicles. Get both. I can run my maxx on my small backyard with no problem. My xmaxx 8s? No way.