Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    56

    Reputable retailer for traxxas batteries.

    Hello, I recently ordered a Maxx and am now looking for a traxxas 4s lipo battery. Traxxas doesnít sell the 2889x or the 2890x batteries on their website. Iíve read so many mixed reviews on ordering from amazon and Iím also worried about ordering on eBay. I ordered my truck from amain and they also do not sell traxxas batteries. Where can I else besides amazon and eBay can I buy them? My lhs recently went out of business so I wonít be able to get one here locally.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    535
    Hobby Town has Traxxas batteries

    Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    650
    Quote Originally Posted by nrvous1 View Post
    Hello, I recently ordered a Maxx and am now looking for a traxxas 4s lipo battery. Traxxas doesnít sell the 2889x or the 2890x batteries on their website...
    It shows that both the 2889x and 2890x are in stock. https://traxxas.com/products/parts/b...es?t=batteries

  4. #4
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    56

    Reputable retailer for traxxas batteries.

    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    It shows that both the 2889x and 2890x are in stock. https://traxxas.com/products/parts/b...es?t=batteries

    The doesnít seem to be working on traxxas. Iíd order directly from traxxas, but canít find the batteries on their site. Iíll try tower hobbies.

    Edit: I found it!!! Thanks everyone, I had to search on traxxas.com and pick the specific maxx model truck.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nrvous1; 02-27-2020 at 07:02 AM.

  5. #5
    Marshal Double G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,730
    Sometimes the mobile version of the site has issues so you'll need to use the full-site option.

    FYI: Now that Horizon Hobby took over Tower Hobbies a couple years ago they stopped restocking Traxxas items. You'll be able to find aftermarket parts that fit Traxxas vehicles but genuine Traxxas vehicles & parts:
    The Super Derecho

  6. #6
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Sometimes the mobile version of the site has issues so you'll need to use the full-site option.

    FYI: Now that Horizon Hobby took over Tower Hobbies a couple years ago they stopped restocking Traxxas items. You'll be able to find aftermarket parts that fit Traxxas vehicles but genuine Traxxas vehicles & parts:
    I noticed tower was a bit scarce on traxxas parts. Thatís the first place I looked when ordering my maxx, but they didnít have it listed at all. I ordered it from amain instead and my traxxas battery directly from traxxas just this morning.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    52
    SMC lipos are bettter

  8. #8
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    56

    Reputable retailer for traxxas batteries.

    Quote Originally Posted by tjt603 View Post
    SMC lipos are bettter
    I have several smc batteries for my brushless lst2. They are great batteries. However, I prefer to use traxxas branded batteries with my traxxas vehicles.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •