RC Competitor

Reputable retailer for traxxas batteries.

Hello, I recently ordered a Maxx and am now looking for a traxxas 4s lipo battery. Traxxas doesnít sell the 2889x or the 2890x batteries on their website. Iíve read so many mixed reviews on ordering from amazon and Iím also worried about ordering on eBay. I ordered my truck from amain and they also do not sell traxxas batteries. Where can I else besides amazon and eBay can I buy them? My lhs recently went out of business so I wonít be able to get one here locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Hobby Town has Traxxas batteries

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by nrvous1 View Post
    Hello, I recently ordered a Maxx and am now looking for a traxxas 4s lipo battery. Traxxas doesnít sell the 2889x or the 2890x batteries on their website...
    It shows that both the 2889x and 2890x are in stock. https://traxxas.com/products/parts/b...es?t=batteries

RC Competitor

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    It shows that both the 2889x and 2890x are in stock. https://traxxas.com/products/parts/b...es?t=batteries

The doesnít seem to be working on traxxas. Iíd order directly from traxxas, but canít find the batteries on their site. Iíll try tower hobbies.

Edit: I found it!!! Thanks everyone, I had to search on traxxas.com and pick the specific maxx model truck.

Last edited by nrvous1; 02-27-2020 at 07:02 AM.

Sometimes the mobile version of the site has issues so you'll need to use the full-site option.

FYI: Now that Horizon Hobby took over Tower Hobbies a couple years ago they stopped restocking Traxxas items. You'll be able to find aftermarket parts that fit Traxxas vehicles but genuine Traxxas vehicles & parts:
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Sometimes the mobile version of the site has issues so you'll need to use the full-site option.

FYI: Now that Horizon Hobby took over Tower Hobbies a couple years ago they stopped restocking Traxxas items. You'll be able to find aftermarket parts that fit Traxxas vehicles but genuine Traxxas vehicles & parts:
    I noticed tower was a bit scarce on traxxas parts. Thatís the first place I looked when ordering my maxx, but they didnít have it listed at all. I ordered it from amain instead and my traxxas battery directly from traxxas just this morning.

RC Competitor
    SMC lipos are bettter

RC Competitor

Quote Originally Posted by tjt603 View Post
    SMC lipos are bettter
    I have several smc batteries for my brushless lst2. They are great batteries. However, I prefer to use traxxas branded batteries with my traxxas vehicles.