RC Competitor

Servo horn rubs chassis brace

So I finally got one of these trucks. I already had ordered the hot racing bell crank and planned to upgrade the servo before even running the truck with a spare 2255. I already had the adapter to make it fit. Also had a spare hot racing servo horn off my e-Revo. Got it all installed no issues. Problem is, the servo horn rubs the chassis brace. So it’s either dremel the chassis brace a little, or grind down the horn a little. Which are both options and should work fine. But I’m not crazy about weakening the chassis brace, or grinding an anodized servo horn (I like a clean look). I noticed GPM is the only company currently making an aluminum chassis brace for the Maxx. Anyone happen to know if this brace gives a little more clearance for the horn to clear without hitting? Or is there a specific servo horn that would clear with stock brace? (Keeping in mind I have the standard size servo in it)
    Last edited by Ed-The-Ace; 02-28-2020 at 05:53 PM.

RC Competitor
    Said heck with it and got out the dremel. Ground a small amount of plastic off the chassis brace. Shouldn’t affect it much if at all. The 2255 servo in there is SO much better!

RC Competitor
    Gpm racing makes 25t horn that should fit under brace. I cut my horn to fit under the brace.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TC450 View Post
    Gpm racing makes 25t horn that should fit under brace. I cut my horn to fit under the brace.
    May look at that. For now I’m happy with the stock brace being notched a small amount. Them thing are only $6 if it becomes an issue. It would make much more sense to grind the horn, but it’s blue anodized! Hate the thought of losing that pretty finish.