Thread: A few upgrades

RC Competitor

A few upgrades

I bought this truck to beat on. So I don’t plan many upgrades at all. No wide Maxx kit for me. Not upgrading to aluminum parts all over. Just a few. I was not at all impressed with the stock servo. I pretty much expected this. Had a 2255 servo from my e-Revo ready to go in. I’m pretty picky about steering on rc, so I also upgraded to the hot racing aluminum bell crank and an aluminum servo horn that I had layin around. Couldn’t be happier now. I did have to dremel the chassis brace just a tad for the horn to clear. Also I was planning to use the hubs from my e-Revo, but found out they only work with the metal axles. So that’s a no go. Yes I plan to run these plastic ones until they break! So for about $13 I ordered the correct 17mm hubs that work with stock axles. This way I can run all my e-Revo tires too. Also ordered the blue aluminum toe links. And lastly, I couldn’t resist getting the blue anodized shock caps and spring adjusters. I think they look awesome with the red shocks. Reminds me of an AN fitting. Just a few pics. Now it’s time to go beat on this thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ed-The-Ace; 02-29-2020 at 03:08 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed-The-Ace View Post
    I bought this truck to beat on. So I donít plan many upgrades at all. No wide Maxx kit for me. Not upgrading to aluminum parts all over. Just a few. I was not at all impressed with the stock servo. I pretty much expected this. Had a 2255 servo from my e-Revo ready to go in. Iím pretty picky about steering on rc, so I also upgraded to the hot racing aluminum bell crank and an aluminum servo horn that I had layin around. Couldnít be happier now. I did have to dremel the chassis brace just a tad for the horn to clear. Also I was planning to use the hubs from my e-Revo, but found out they only work with the metal axles. So thatís a no go. Yes I plan to run these plastic ones until they break! So for about $13 I ordered the correct 17mm hubs that work with stock axles. This way I can run all my e-Revo tires too. Also ordered the blue aluminum toe links. And lastly, I couldnít resist getting the blue anodized shock caps and spring adjusters. I think they look awesome with the red shocks. Reminds me of an AN fitting. Just a few pics. Now itís time to go beat on this thing!

Looking good man! Which 17mm adapters did you buy?

RC Competitor
    Ordered the 5353x. They should work fine.

RC Competitor
    Ordered the 5353x. They should work fine.
    Thanks! I ordered the red as well and the plastic splined traxxas 17mm tool (5480x) to avoid scratching the anodizing anymore than normal driving would.

RC Competitor

A few upgrades

And I ordered the captured hinge pin set as well. I havenít even received my truck get and already buying parts left and right. Heh. I need to order a few replacement cooling fans for the esc and motor. Are they the exact same size fans? And, I ordered the 5353R traxxas 17mm hex adapters. Are they the same as the 5353X?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by nrvous1 View Post
    And I ordered the captured hinge pin set as well. I havenít even received my truck get and already buying parts left and right. Heh. I need to order a few replacement cooling fans for the esc and motor. Are they the exact same size fans? And, I ordered the 5353R traxxas 17mm hex adapters. Are they the same as the 5353X?

The 5353x and r are same. The ďx & rĒ are just colors. As far as the fans. I plan to just run it. Donít fix it if it ainít broke is my concept with this truck. Guess Iíll find out if they break.

RC Competitor
    The 5353x and r are same. The ďx & rĒ are just colors. As far as the fans. I plan to just run it. Donít fix it if it ainít broke is my concept with this truck. Guess Iíll find out if they break.

Lol. I hear you. And I realized my dual traxxas id charger only charges 2 & 3s lipos and not my 4s so I ordered the 2973x charger.

As far as the fan, Iím not looking to upgrade, but rather having spares on have in case one breaks while Iím out bashing it.

RC Competitor

A few upgrades

Ed, do you have a part number or link to the steering assembly from hot racing that you are using? Iím wanting to take some of the play out of the steering assembly if possible. And, went to my lhs today to see what they had in stock as far as steering goes and ended up getting the wide maxx kit. I didnít plan on it, but it was there so, why not. lol.

RC Competitor
    It’s the hot racing bellcrank with hot racing steering link. The horn that comes with the steering link only works with the Maxx servo since it is odd sized. I wasn’t happy with the stock servo so I swapped it. In doing that I had to use a different servo horn. So the horn itself is a hot racing e-revo horn.