RC poster

ESC XL5 HV with T12 (550) and Lipo 3S

Hello,

I would need your help

Does anybody know if it's possible to drive with the Traxxas XL5 HV ESC and the stock motor of my Stampede (T12 550) on 3S Lipos???

Would be great!

Thanks.

If it is an xl5 hv, yes you can use a 3s battery. I’m willing to bet that titan motor isn’t going to be very happy about it though. I constantly burnt those things up on 2s. Went to brushless and never looked back.

If youíre wanting 3s brushed motors, youíd need to get something like the 775 Traxxas motor used in the summit. Iíve read that people have used 14.4 volt dewalt drill motors, but I donít kno anything about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by justin13703 View Post
    If it is an xl5 hv, yes you can use a 3s battery. Iím willing to bet that titan motor isnít going to be very happy about it though. I constantly burnt those things up on 2s. Went to brushless and never looked back.
    I have another T12 Motor on spare.. Letīs see what the future will bring with the 3S lipos and my t12 thanks!

RC Champion
    If you want to stay with a brushed motor on 3s, get the 21t Titan. It can handle the voltage

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

The Titan 12t can handle 3s but only with adequate effort put to cooling and highly attentive maintenance. At 3s you are running the design right to the ragged edge of production quality controls. I have 9 Titan 12T motors now and there is a definite range to their performance. 2 of them perform noticeably better than the rest. While 4 of them run like dogs and get hot alot easier. I have even see the Titan 12T run on 4s but they don't last real long.

It has alot to do with the load on the motor during operation. If the rig is light enough 3s is very doable just don't expect every motor to have consistent longevity.

Personally I would suggest a Holmes Hobby Torquemaster if you seriously want a better brushed motor that is also serviceable.

https://holmeshobbies.com/motors/bru...er-series.html
    Last edited by zedorda; 03-05-2020 at 09:51 PM.

RC poster
    Thanks for you inputs lll