RC Racer

Lowering the maxx

Has anyone tried lowering the maxx some,,if so how,,,,just curious....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tazzzz View Post
    Has anyone tried lowering the maxx some,,if so how,,,,just curious....thanks
    You can just raise the preload adjusters on the shocks. That will lower the truck.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Competitor
    Maybe try silicone fuel tubing on the shock shafts inside the shock to limit travel.

RC Racer
    I used RPM70311 inside my shocks to limit down travel, instead of on the outside to limit up travel as designed, when I lowered my Slash LCG converted Rustler VXL when trying to make it a speed runner. That didn't last long and I rebuilt the shocks to convert back to a basher. These are just plastic c-clips so they should flex enough to fit the maxx shock shafts I would guess. I also bought some Traxxas #7067 that are designed to be mounted inside the shocks to properly lower the suspension of the traxxas rally cars but I am not sure if those would stretch well enough for the shock shafts of the maxx as they might be a bit bigger diameter.

RC poster
    The fuel hose fix works a treat inside the shock case, you only need about 1/4 inch of pipe, make such a difference on cornering. My lower wishbones are almost parallel to the ground !