RC Competitor

HELP with selling price for monster slash

I am planning on selling my slash 4x4 because I need the money. Here’s the description:

This is my traxxas monster slash 4x4. I used it as a basher. It has 70 wt shock oil and 100k diff oil. It is fully upgraded. It runs perfectly, only spot of wear and tear is on the chassis/ skid plates, body, bumpers, and tires. Here are the upgrades:

Proline trencher 2.8 - $72
    Proline badlands mx28- $72
    Proline extended body mount kit- $17
    RPM front shock tower- $10
    x2 RPM A arms- $20
    GPM rear diff case- $45
    GPM rear shock tower- $17
    x2 XO1 diffs- $50
    MIP X duty rear axles- $70
    MIP X duty front axles- $70
    TRAXXAS front caster blocks- $40
    TRAXXAS rear hubs- $20
    TRAXXAS front and rear gtr shocks- $70
    TRAXXAS e revo slipper clutch- $15
    TRAXXAS slipper bearing adapter- $5
    TRAXXAS e maxx body - $25
    VG racing gtr springs- $15
    Hot racing steering knuckles- $20
    Hot racing aluminum motor mount- $30
    Hot racing 17mm wheel adapter- $25
    Hot racing 18t 32p pinion gear- $7
    Bearings- $20
    STRC steering bellcrank- $25
    ANNIMOS 25 kg servo- $20
    Hobbywing max 8 combo- $180
    TEKNO center driveshaft- $20

That totals to $1025 dollars in upgrades. To determine the price I will divide that by two.

There are LOADS of spares I will be including with this car.

What would be an appropriate selling price for this? I was thinking 500-550. I didn’t even include the price of the actual car.

I know that when you add it all up like that, it seems like you should be able to sell it for a lot. Truth is, there is zero chance of you getting ~$500+ for it. For that price, someone could/would just buy a brand new Maxx instead. Maybe if you get really really lucky and find someone who has a true understanding and appreciation for all of the upgraded parts, but not likely.

If you really want to maximize the money you get from it, then part it out. Sell each upgraded part individually, and then maybe sell the rest as a "roller" depending on what exactly you have left over. If you sell it as a complete truck, then don't expect to get much money back from most of those upgraded parts.

A realistic price, IMO, would be ~$300, maybe $350-400 if you find the right buyer.

RC Qualifier
    I agree, you'll be lucky to get $350 for it at least on ebay. Craigslist or somewhere like it you put up with too many BS lowball offers.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post
    I know that when you add it all up like that, it seems like you should be able to sell it for a lot. Truth is, there is zero chance of you getting ~$500+ for it. For that price, someone could/would just buy a brand new Maxx instead. Maybe if you get really really lucky and find someone who has a true understanding and appreciation for all of the upgraded parts, but not likely.

If you really want to maximize the money you get from it, then part it out. Sell each upgraded part individually, and then maybe sell the rest as a "roller" depending on what exactly you have left over. If you sell it as a complete truck, then don't expect to get much money back from most of those upgraded parts.

A realistic price, IMO, would be ~$300, maybe $350-400 if you find the right buyer.
    How much could I sell it for as a roller

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtim29 View Post
    I am planning on selling my slash 4x4 because I need the money. Here’s the description:

This is my traxxas monster slash 4x4. I used it as a basher. It has 70 wt shock oil and 100k diff oil. It is fully upgraded. It runs perfectly, only spot of wear and tear is on the chassis/ skid plates, body, bumpers, and tires. Here are the upgrades:

Proline trencher 2.8 - $72
    Proline badlands mx28- $72
    Proline extended body mount kit- $17
    RPM front shock tower- $10
    x2 RPM A arms- $20
    GPM rear diff case- $45
    GPM rear shock tower- $17
    x2 XO1 diffs- $50
    MIP X duty rear axles- $70
    MIP X duty front axles- $70
    TRAXXAS front caster blocks- $40
    TRAXXAS rear hubs- $20
    TRAXXAS front and rear gtr shocks- $70
    TRAXXAS e revo slipper clutch- $15
    TRAXXAS slipper bearing adapter- $5
    TRAXXAS e maxx body - $25
    VG racing gtr springs- $15
    Hot racing steering knuckles- $20
    Hot racing aluminum motor mount- $30
    Hot racing 17mm wheel adapter- $25
    Hot racing 18t 32p pinion gear- $7
    Bearings- $20
    STRC steering bellcrank- $25
    ANNIMOS 25 kg servo- $20
    Hobbywing max 8 combo- $180
    TEKNO center driveshaft- $20

That totals to $1025 dollars in upgrades. To determine the price I will divide that by two.

There are LOADS of spares I will be including with this car.

What would be an appropriate selling price for this? I was thinking 500-550. I didn’t even include the price of the actual car.
    I always tell people, you may get back into the hobby sooner or later. If you can't get near what you want for the truck, keep it!
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtim29 View Post
    How much could I sell it for as a roller
    $200 for a roller

Lots of parts there, but pictures (current) really tell the tale.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Lots of parts there, but pictures (current) really tell the tale.
    https://youtu.be/GL8R5ZSBQF8

Only missing items right now is the gear cover and rear bumper which Iíll replace.

Does the video I linked of my car help determine a price or anything?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-14-2020 at 02:29 AM. Reason: merge

There is pretty good detail there, shows the parts, that it has been used, but not abused and that all parts are serviceable. I would recommend another video showing you powering up the truck and bench testing.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    I have a slash 4x4 as well that I was willing to part with to free up some funds for another project.
    I have about 1300$ invested in it (from the truck itself to all the hop ups).
    After posting it for 1 day, yes just 1, I was disgusted with all the lowball offers (I listed at 400$).
    So 24 hours after deciding I was willing to sell, I prdered parts to transform it into a monster truck. (I don't mean simply changing tires and raising it...)

As others have said, it's not an investment and to thing you can even get half the value is not realistic.

I have found TRX-4 and X-Maxx hold their value better, but even then, you need to fall on the right buyer who knows what he is looking for.

Your hop ups are not necessarily what the next guy wants on the truck.

All that said, good luck on your sale, don't shake hands with the buyer if you find one. And disinfect the cash he gives you

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    The latest and greatest are always going to sell for a premium, although those guys selling their trucks they bought new are still taking a loss. From what i've seen the "monster" Slashes bring about $50 and up over a standard Slash which means you're still losing $$$ with the added expense of the esc/motor required, but I hate parting trucks out.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dgechrgr469 View Post
    The latest and greatest are always going to sell for a premium, although those guys selling their trucks they bought new are still taking a loss. From what i've seen the "monster" Slashes bring about $50 and up over a standard Slash which means you're still losing $$$ with the added expense of the esc/motor required, but I hate parting trucks out.

I chose to do this INSTEAD of selling... no pont in losing so much. I rather put a bit more into it and turn into something I want to use.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by B-stinga View Post
    I chose to do this INSTEAD of selling... no pont in losing so much. I rather put a bit more into it and turn into something I want to use.

I canít put much more into the car which is the problem😂. It was a normal slash, then monster slash, then backslash, and now itís back to a monster slash. Iíve done it all with this truck.

RC Competitor
    You cannot post for sale ads here and you cannot spam your eBay auctions anywhere on the forum. Both actions are contrary to the rules. This thread is closed. -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-09-2020 at 08:05 PM.