RC poster

M6 Teknos + Traxxas XO-1 stub axles?

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting this thread and helping me..

Currently I'm running Slash 4x4 that has been converted to monster slash, using E-maxx body, higher body posts, badlands MX28s and also 1/8th scale Castle power system. Till now I've been running only 2S and once in a while 3S. In the rear I have Integy CVDs from my 2wd -INTT8027- I have them for over 5 years and still without any cracks or wear (looks like Im lucky) and some chinese butter in the front. Now I want to swith to 3S as a main power and occasionally 4S, I'm expecting to break the ones I'm running curretly, so I'm looking for an upgrade, both rear and front. For the rears I decided to go with MIP X-Duty, as they can be used with stock size alu carrier, and for the front I will probably go with tekno M6s because I can simply use 6x11x4 outer bearing in the stock size alu steering blocks.

The question is: If I somehow manage to break the M6 stub axle (because it is still pinned design), can I use the XO-1 stub axle? I've read that the fronts are the same size and use same size bearings as Teknos, but I'm little bit worried because if you look closely at the pin hole on the XO-1 axle, it is slightly shifted towards the diff. I know it is way easier to buy another M6 axle, but they are not avaliable here in Czech Republic - Europe, but the XO-1 axles are. So it is way faster and cheaper for me to simply buy XO-1 axles from local hobby store, than shipping such a small piece from the US.

I would really apreciate, if anyone could tell me, from his own experience, that M6 Driveshafts work with XO-1 axles, as I want to be 100% sure. Also If this has been resolved in other thread, could you please send me a link? I've searched for threads like this, but didn't find any.

Thank you!

RC Qualifier
    Yes XO-1 stub axels are compatible if you change your bearing for 6mm shaft not 5mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash Ultimate 4x4, MMX-2200kv/Slash 4x4, MMX-2650

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bif24701 View Post
    Yes XO-1 stub axels are compatible if you change your bearing for 6mm shaft not 5mm.

Thanks for your advice!
    I will be running 6mm bearings in the front anyway because of M6 Tekno stub axle. I just wanted to know if, in case of breakage, I can use XO-1 axle with tekno dogbone insted of buying another tekno stub axle. If thats the case It will be a lot faster and easier for me to repair my truck. Again thank you for your advice

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash4x4CZ View Post
    Thanks for your advice!
    I will be running 6mm bearings in the front anyway because of M6 Tekno stub axle. I just wanted to know if, in case of breakage, I can use XO-1 axle with tekno dogbone insted of buying another tekno stub axle. If thats the case It will be a lot faster and easier for me to repair my truck. Again thank you for your advice
    Well now I am not certain they are interchangeable. Hopefully someone else can add that information.

Slash Ultimate 4x4, MMX-2200kv/Slash 4x4, MMX-2650