RC Enthusiast

XMAXX Battery connector

So I picked up some new SMC 4S Lipos and they came with the older Gen Traxxas plugs. They work OK but its confusing for my son to plug them in sine there not shaped like the traxxas ID connector. Id like to put the ID connectors on these so its obvious which way they go in. I found these(Link below) to use, but I would not hook up the balance portion of the connector. Will these work? I would just need the female side.

https://www.amazon.com/HobbyStar-Tra.../dp/B07MBCW58C

RC Competitor
    I would just take paint pen and paint the tops of the plug red (or any color) then He will know what side goes where. But yes you can switch the plugs out if you like.

RC Enthusiast
    I guess my question is, will the female side of this connector I posted work with the stock male side of the Xmaxx ESC ?

RC Qualifier
    I'm not sure, but think the size isn't the same as VXL 8S stock connectors, maybe you make the question about size to the seller.

RC Enthusiast
    I spoke to the seller and they are the exact same connector as the Traxxas ID on the Xmaxx and Traxxas lipos. Went ahead and ordered them.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by gapple12 View Post
    I spoke to the seller and they are the exact same connector as the Traxxas ID on the Xmaxx and Traxxas lipos. Went ahead and ordered them.
    In this case, wonderfull, got it.