RC poster

TRX-4 Intermittent Steering Issue

Hi everyone, I am new to RC models, i have a TRX4x4 Land rover 110 and it has been great fun since i purchased it 6 months ago, i am currently experiencing an intermittent steering problem in that after running normal for around 5 mins when i try to move the TRX4x4 forwards the steering will not turn in either direction. if i start with the steering L or R it simply locks itself straight. If i send the vehicle in reverse it works fine (steering functions normally) when stationary the steering moves from left to right no problem. As soon as you ask it to go forwards it will travel in a straight line only. I have recently fitted a genuine traxxas full led lighting kit but it worked fine after that. i have since disconnected the Led connections to ensure it is not affecting things and still no joy. any advice would be welcome.

RC poster
    I had the same issue when I used the Bluetooth link I accidently set the multifunction knob to tsm instead of cruise control and the tsm was not letting the savox servo work going forward.

RC poster
    Thanks for that, I should have said that I had previously also fitted the Bluetooth link, but as I had removed it and still had the same problem I discounted it. I will check the settings to see if that resolves the problem, many thanks for tip

RC Competitor
    I would say the servo is toast.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmowbs View Post
    Hi everyone, I am new to RC models, i have a TRX4x4 Land rover 110 and it has been great fun since i purchased it 6 months ago, i am currently experiencing an intermittent steering problem in that after running normal for around 5 mins when i try to move the TRX4x4 forwards the steering will not turn in either direction. if i start with the steering L or R it simply locks itself straight. If i send the vehicle in reverse it works fine (steering functions normally) when stationary the steering moves from left to right no problem. As soon as you ask it to go forwards it will travel in a straight line only. I have recently fitted a genuine traxxas full led lighting kit but it worked fine after that. i have since disconnected the Led connections to ensure it is not affecting things and still no joy. any advice would be welcome.
    I am having the same issue and it seems to be pretty common. The stock steering servo is not adequate. Even the Traxxas improved servo and BEC setup apparently leaves allot to be desired. I am heading to the local shop today to fix my steering issue. I am new to this but it seems the best solutions deals with a BEC that can push 7.4 volts and a decent amount of amperage and a good servo. It seems you are looking about $150 +/- for the good fix. The components that seem to come up as good choices are Castle, Holmes Hobbies, Savox and Reef. There are steering servos that can run straight of the battery if you are using 3 or 4 cell Lipos. If you already have those batteries going this direction can reduce the cost.

Traxxas has a nice neat and easy set up (plug and play BEC and steering servo) but even though the power is greatly increased the Traxxas servo seems to loose it power as it is used.
    Last edited by MOguy; 03-06-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
    ...There are steering servos that can run straight of the battery if you are using 3 or 4 cell Lipos...
    What are these servos?? That would be some high voltage for a servo.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I think a Holmes but I can't remember for sure. The amount of information and the number of peoples opinions is overwhelming. I am just going to my local RC shop. The guy there does rock crawling, his prices are inline with the internet, I trust him and it helps me support a local business

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Check here:
    http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/elect...s-battery.html