RC Competitor

Pro-Line Extended Body Mounts - Too long in the rear

I ordered the extended mounts from pro-line - they come with the 2 different height pairs, and I am not really sure why they include the long ones. I have the rustler tires on the slash and the short ones, at the highest setting are perfect. The long ones are almost triple that length. to get the cover to clear the wheels with the suspension compressed it does not need to be more than one or two holes more than the short ones. If I try to adjust the longer set to where the body just clears the tires on compression the longer part not being used impacts the suspension. I swapped the longer to the front and the same thing. I was just planning to cut the longer ones down....is this common?

RC Qualifier
    Yes, trim off enough to clear your suspension through full travel. I like to leave a little adjustment should I change bodies or raise the body.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Dgechrgr469 is correct! They are not made from extremely hard plastic. With an exacto knife it isn't hard at all to cut them.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Competitor
    Thank you for the quick answers! I brought them to work with me today and will cut them here - leave myself some extra and trim them again if needed. The Slash is looking great so far, can't wait to finally run it with the new set up!

Quote Originally Posted by westwind77 View Post
    Thank you for the quick answers! I brought them to work with me today and will cut them here - leave myself some extra and trim them again if needed. The Slash is looking great so far, can't wait to finally run it with the new set up!
    Don't forget to post pictures of your progress of the build.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Don't forget to post pictures of your progress of the build.
    I will snap some today when I get home and post them.

RC Competitor
    Are you running 2.2 inch tires? On 2.8ís with this kit my front tires rub and I wish they were longer like the rears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    With 2.8 tires and a Pro-Line Monster body, I wanted to have full clearance both front/rear. Like dgechrgr469 stated below, I cut some length, while leaving some room for adjustment if needed

Last edited by Watt_The_Wheels; 03-29-2020 at 05:57 AM.

RC Competitor
    I'm always amazed at people Slash's on here, how spotless they are. I run mine through the dirt, sands, gravel, grass. I do my best to clean it after runs but some of these (like the one above) look factory, like it has never been run...ever! What is the secret I am missing!

RC Qualifier
    I have yet to run my trucks in dirt, most of the time it's pavement or this unused crumbling asphalt parking lot behind my house. Not that I wouldn't run on dirt, there just isn't a good public spot. I'm thinking of asking our local park district about a community effort to make a BMX/Offroad r/c track. But that's why my trucks stay pretty clean, mostly dust and small gravel I deal with.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    @westwind77, you're talking to Mister Clean Rig 2018, 2019, 2020 ;-))))) So, I will take it as a compliment :-))
    I have another hobby (biking, the one with pedals and no engine) and you would say the same of that other black toy as well: it looks my bike came out of the factory when I ride (5y old already). I like to keep things clean, cleaning the chain and cassette ride after ride.

That's why I was happy to put the Dusty Motors cover on my Ultimate.

Like dgechrgr469, I have yet to run my Slash in the mud or very dirty place. That's usually parks with gravel and grass but again, I clean up after my runs.

As a bonus picture, full clearance ;-):

Last edited by Watt_The_Wheels; 03-30-2020 at 07:28 PM.