RC Enthusiast

UDR Battery question

New to the UDR but had a question for folks. None of my 3s battery packs fit into the battery tray of the UDR to run 6s, they are either slightly too wide , or slightly to tall to fit. My 2s packs and my single 4s fit just fine. So my question is this, Do I invest in a set of 3s packs just for this truck (a pain in the butt LOL) or just keep it to 4s and sacrifice some speed?

This is one of the many reasons I stick to Traxxas batteries.

RC Qualifier
    If you enjoy the truck on 6S, I suspect you won't really like it on 4S. If you aren't really liking it, you'll end up not driving it or selling it.

My advice is get some 6S batteries that you'll have fun with. I drive mine on 4S, but that's how I enjoy it. 4S is almost too fast for me.

Buy high quality batteries and take good care of those batteries. They'll last you for years.

RC Enthusiast
    I think I will do something a little different here LOL. Actually I have a 2s and 3s battery, both same c rating (50c) and same mah (5200) Think I will run them in series and see how it does on 5s =)

Quote Originally Posted by pbadcat View Post
    I think I will do something a little different here LOL. Actually I have a 2s and 3s battery, both same c rating (50c) and same mah (5200) Think I will run them in series and see how it does on 5s =)
    Just be careful because the Traxxas ESC won't recognize 5s for LVC protection. It would think it is a discharged 6s. You would probably need to turn off LVC protection and use a stand alone LVC alarm or Traxxas link to monitor voltage level.

RC Enthusiast
    I saw a YouTube video from RC Juice speaking on the subject of 6S in the UDR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1675igJ0Ng

The video is from April 2018. Hope it is still valid.

Hope it helps.
    No cars at present