Thread: Max6 xmaxx

RC Enthusiast

Max6 xmaxx

Maybe a stupid question but will I loose my ability
    To use Traxxas link?

RC Qualifier
    Unfortunately, you lose this ability, the Link only works with Traxxas original ESC for programming items, maybe part of Telemetry works, the part betwen RX and TX.
    Last edited by Juanmacine; 03-03-2020 at 05:18 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Pretty sure you keep some of the options.

I am also thinking of doing this to get the most out of the stock Radio. Steering adjustments/rates would still work. Unsure on the trainer mode, or reduced throttle settings if they would still work on the Max6 (don't know if the receiver just transmits less signal power, or if the ESC itself does something)

RC Qualifier
    I have a Hobbywing Max 6 in a FTX FUTURA, is a very good equipment, with programming card or Wifi module, you can adjust a lot of parameters, like punch speed, drag brake, BEC voltage, reverse speed, running mode or others, but unfortunately, doens't have training mode, in this case, you can adjust the punch to minor value for the same purpose, or use less Lipo cells.

RC Qualifier
    i have a max5 and can still reduce the throttle power in the app under channel setup. reverse is still full speed or at least whats set up in the max5 settings which i have set at 50%

RC Enthusiast
    Good to know! I will def be picking up the link module to add the throttle/steering features to the factory radio.

I picked up the programming card when I got the Max6 so ESC specific settings I can just adjust in that, just be nice to have on the fly throttle tweaks if the wife wants to drive or things like that.