Thread: New 550

RC Racer

New 550

Just got a new brushed 550 motor for my Slash. Anyone who still appreciates brushed motors have to try one of these. https://www.banggood.com/Surpass-Hob...r_warehouse=CN
    It has a sqewed armature laminations, ball bearings, adjustable timing and replaceable brushes. Way better than the titan 550 12 turn.

RC Qualifier
    I see a lot of decent products on that site. They seem to have a lot of those lower price e but still hobby grade rtr kits and a LOT of low price electronics ( like the motor you are touting ). May I asked how long it took to get your items from them ?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    I see a lot of decent products on that site. They seem to have a lot of those lower price e but still hobby grade rtr kits and a LOT of low price electronics ( like the motor you are touting ). May I asked how long it took to get your items from them ?
    Yeah that website is actually pretty popular for rc products.
    I have never ordered anything from it but what i have heard people really like that website.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RPMMaster 317 View Post
    Yeah that website is actually pretty popular for rc products.
    I have never ordered anything from it but what i have heard people really like that website.
    I know a couple
    Of you tubers and some regular folks like ya who swear by them.

RC Racer
    How's the top speed, mid range, and off the line power compare to the titan?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    I bought some zopp batteries* from there last May, and a DumboRC radio (that I wasn't able to get working in my Rustler for some reason) last August. I don't recall exact shipping time but I recall it being reasonable, maybe 2 to 3 weeks.

*I am still kicking myself now for buying so many traxxas and other name brand batteries from my hobby shop b4 trying these for less than half the cost. I got 2 x 2s and 2 x 3s batteries shipped for $100, whereas I can't even buy 2 name brand batteries that cheap from a LHS.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-14-2020 at 01:54 AM. Reason: language abuse

RC Qualifier
    That's a 5 slot motor, the titan is a 3 slot. That means it'll spin slower. Its comparable in speed to a 27t 3 slot. Good low end resolution, which would be good for a crawler, but in a slash it might be lacking, especially if you run 2s.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk