Joined the "Scale scene" My Brushless Bronco

I got myself a new truck and it is a new type of fun! So many parts and accessories to choose from just like a full size vehicle. I never really looked into "scale parts" till now. With all the different options this is a new side to the RC Hobby one can really go nuts with!

Here is my new stock truck.
    MyBronco by grizz

First upgrades are a Steering servo and a Brushless setup. For the servo I'm leaning towards the Promodeler 470. For brushless power I'm going with a Tekin setup. Trying to decide which motor to go with. I've narrowed it down to the ROC412 HD, 2300kv or 3100kv w/RX4 on 3s LiPo. What kv and gearing are you using and how do you like it? (It can be a different motor, I would use the info for comparing). Any advice or suggestions or comments are welcome.

I'll use this thread to document the progress each time something has changed and for questions. It's going to be interesting to look back at the progression it has made. This truck will be used for everyday fun and not a competition crawler. I have never documented any builds and figured I would give it a go.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Iím running the stock pinion with the Mamba X sensored esc and the matching blue can castle 2850kv. Great crawling and pretty quick it youíd like to do that. Super impressed. Iím using a Power HD 25kg(350ish) oz per inch. Plenty of brass where it counts. Iíve got a build thread that may be of some help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decided on some parts:
    Tekin RX4 ESC & ROC412HD 2300kv motor
    Promodeler DS470BLHV Servo
    Robinson Racing 16t pinion
    Traxxas 8247X metal servo horn

This is the first Promodeler servo I have purchased. It definitely feels well built. Anybody have one of these? I didn't go with their 630 model as I thought it was overkill, I could be wrong. I have never owned a crawler so I'm learning as I go.

RC Qualifier
    That’S a nice setup.
    I’m getting very tempted to jump into something scale in the near future, but I’m not sure if I would buy a used TRX4 local or get at Gen8 or even Gen 7 for the same or less.
    That TRX4 Bronco is one gorgeous kit right out of the box and should be fantastic with the build you are planning.

Traxxas Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    That TRX4 Bronco is one gorgeous kit right out of the box.
    It sure is! Looking forward to more pictures as the build progresses!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle