Thread: 17mm hex

RC Qualifier

17mm hex

Ive already started buying upgrades and haven't even received the Maxx yet! lol

Will the below hexes fit the stock axles or are they best used with the steel CVDs?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-10-BRUS...72.m2749.l2649
    8654: Wheel Hubs (17mm splined). 7758: Wheel Nuts (17mm splined).

Thanks
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post

Will the below hexes fit the stock axles or are they best used with the steel CVDs?

Thanks
    I havenít driven my truck yet either and already have some parts to install lol.

I bought the 5353R hexes. Iím not sure if the ones you posted will work or not? Theyíre for the revo so I can say for sure if they will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Looks like they should fit the widemaxx steel CVD kit - they are listed as recommended parts on the Traxxas site anyways

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/8996X

RC Competitor

Thanks
    8654 hubs will NOT fit the stock axles. You need to use 5353 hubs if you use stock axles. The 8654 hubs WILL fit the steel axles

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed-The-Ace View Post
    8654 hubs will NOT fit the stock axles. You need to use 5353 hubs if you use stock axles. The 8654 hubs WILL fit the steel axles
    Thanks for the clarification Ed. I followed your advice and ordered the 5353R as I mentioned in your last thread. I need to swap them out though. I havenít had a chance to work on my maxx.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by nrvous1 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification Ed. I followed your advice and ordered the 5353R as I mentioned in your last thread. I need to swap them out though. I haven’t had a chance to work on my maxx.

Just did mine. Anyone reading this needs to remember that this is kind of a work around upgrade. Traxxas does not list these 5353 hubs on the Maxx parts list. Also, the threads from the axles will be exposed after installing these hubs. I just pulled the axles completely off the truck, stuck them in a vise, and cut a portion of the threads off so they are flush with the hubs once installed. Some guys are sticking a nut with nylon insert on to cover the threads. I didn’t see the point in that as the threads are now useless. When my plastic axles break one day I’ll order the steel axles and use my e-Revo’s spare hubs with those. The 5353 only cost me $12 shipped. Now I have about 4 more sets of tires to try!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed-The-Ace View Post
    Just did mine. Anyone reading this needs to remember that this is kind of a work around upgrade. Traxxas does not list these 5353 hubs on the Maxx parts list. Also, the threads from the axles will be exposed after installing these hubs. I just pulled the axles completely off the truck, stuck them in a vise, and cut a portion of the threads off so they are flush with the hubs once installed. Some guys are sticking a nut with nylon insert on to cover the threads. I didnít see the point in that as the threads are now useless. When my plastic axles break one day Iíll order the steel axles and use my e-Revoís spare hubs with those. The 5353 only cost me $12 shipped. Now I have about 4 more sets of tires to try!
    I donít mind the extra threads peeking through the center of the 5353 hexes. Lol, gives it a weird mad max vibe.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by nrvous1 View Post
    I don’t mind the extra threads peeking through the center of the 5353 hexes. Lol, gives it a weird mad max vibe.

Yep. Just a cosmetic thing. If you don’t mind that, let them threads peek! Haha. I was gona leave them too but I kept staring at them and they bugged me!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys - I have the steel widemaxx axles on order anyways so looks like I have the right parts ready and waiting

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys - I have the steel widemaxx axles on order anyways so looks like I have the right parts ready and waiting
    Thatís next on my list along with the telemetry setup.

RC Qualifier
    Im just looking to add the light kit, and the widemaxx kit with the steel CVDs. I considered the servo, but I may run stick for now and see how things go....
    Not looking to add too much more as I'm saving my money for a buggy kit build that I want to do in the summer

RC Competitor
    Will the 5353 hubs work on the steel axle's?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by DG40 View Post
    Will the 5353 hubs work on the steel axle's?
    No, youíre going to need the 8654 hexes.

RC Competitor
    5353R installed. These seem to fit a lot closer to the wheel bearings without a lot of room between the wheel bearing and the hex. I donít think these will cause any binding. They look awesome and itís nice not having to worry about the blue spacers. Also, does anyone know what lock tite traxxas uses on their hub assembly from the factory? This stuff is really hard to get the wheel nuts into.

RC Competitor
    I am using these integrity 17mm hubs and they come in different offsets. I like the look of the closed off nut. I have the nuts in a few colors also.

RC poster
    stupid question please bear with me. i am kind of guy who do not want to go widemaxx side as i love the stock unpredictable driving character of this little thing. i own a 2013 mustang gt with roush super charger (530ish hp at wheel) this thing drives very similar to it. mad as and uncontrollable, requires all the skill i have to keep it from crashing and loosing my life.

question - will going this route change the driving character.

*Traxxas has a strict language policy. Remove words the filter has replaced with "*" and refrain from using such language in the future.
    Last edited by Double G; 03-12-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinizter View Post
    stupid question please bear with me. i am kind of guy who do not want to go widemaxx side as i love the stock unpredictable driving character of this little thing. i own a 2013 mustang gt with roush super charger (530ish hp at wheel) this thing drives very similar to it. mad as and uncontrollable, requires all the skill i have to keep it from crashing and loosing my life.

question - will going this route change the driving character.
    No, it makes no difference to the way it drives, it just gets rid of those dumb blue spacers you have to use with the stock hexes and wheels.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos