RC Enthusiast

Question MaxAmps Dual Lipo 9000XL for Summit

I'm trying to find better Batteries for my summit that will give me longer run time and more power I don't plan on going brushless yet as I like the stock summits motor for my needs. Does anyone have any experience with these batteries at all or can you recommend me some ones that are good?

RC Champion
    Max Amp batteries are overrated and way over priced. SMC makes some high MAH batteries that fit the summit. 8000mah batteries for under$42.95.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

RC Enthusiast
    Ok thanks, I though 300 for 2 batteries was too much.

I used to run the smc 9000mah 2S packs in my ERBv1 when I first got it. They fit fine when new, but after a year, they puffed a bit and were snug. You have to remove the battery clips. I'd get 40-45 minutes run time with them though at skate parks. The weight of them was hard on the suspension for jumping though. I ended up running SMC 7200/7400 2S packs in it. They were quite a bit lighter and my run time didn't suffer much.

Now I've converted it to a v2 and run 2x3S 5000mah packs in it. They need the battery clips. I had run some 6200 3S packs in it, but as with the 9000 2S packs, they were heavy, so now I only run the 5000's in it.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss