Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    42

    Cool Did some upgrades,Figured id share and get some feedback.


    Havent Installed these yet.





    Last edited by Isle of man tt; 03-06-2020 at 11:51 PM.

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier justin13703's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    265
    That’s a lot of aluminum. Looks nice

  3. #3
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by justin13703 View Post
    That’s a lot of aluminum. Looks nice
    Thanks Justin,it is a lot of aluminininum lol, i got a few more pieces to go then done i think.

  4. #4
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    32
    In curious what this has done to the vehicle weight. Is it a lot heavier?

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by omen View Post
    In curious what this has done to the vehicle weight. Is it a lot heavier?

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    i will throw it on a scale to get a exact reading on the weight, I don't have one at the moment but when i have the chance to use one i will post up asap.

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    640
    Wont that place even more stress on the plastic chassis?
    I would rather break, and replace, an A-Arm then the entire chassis......

    Certainly looks nice though!
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

  7. #7
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    Wont that place even more stress on the plastic chassis?
    I would rather break, and replace, an A-Arm then the entire chassis......

    Certainly looks nice though!
    You are probably right, I don't plan on bashing the brains out of it or sending it to the moon. I'm in the process of getting a xmaxx to bash with. Thank you though for the feedback brother. Have a good weekend.

  8. #8
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    1,200
    Looks sharp! The blue and red look good together. What are you doing for a body?

  9. #9
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Looks sharp! The blue and red look good together. What are you doing for a body?
    Thanks Grizz, I actually was going to bug you about that... I wanted to see what options were available. The stock body is cool and all..but i already went this far,mine as well get a sikk looking body too. If you have any suggestions shootem over i will take a look. Have a good weekend brother.

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by Isle of man tt View Post
    You are probably right, I don't plan on bashing the brains out of it or sending it to the moon. I'm in the process of getting a xmaxx to bash with. Thank you though for the feedback brother. Have a good weekend.
    You should get the Maxx instead. The X-Maxx costs a lot when it breaks from bashing. The X-Maxx is my favorite but I have lightened up on hardcore bashing with mine due the repair costs.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

  11. #11
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    You should get the Maxx instead. The X-Maxx costs a lot when it breaks from bashing. The X-Maxx is my favorite but I have lightened up on hardcore bashing with mine due the repair costs.
    Thanks for the advice, i was looking at the maxx also, lots of people said to get the x maxx. They are both awesome trucks from what i hear. Some day i will have them both i hope.

  12. #12
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Isle of man tt View Post
    Thanks Grizz, I actually was going to bug you about that... I wanted to see what options were available. The stock body is cool and all..but i already went this far,mine as well get a sikk looking body too. If you have any suggestions shootem over i will take a look. Have a good weekend brother.
    As far as clipless bodies, I only know of the Traxxas and Proline bodies. If staying clipless and painting one IMO I would pick the proline Brute clear body, to me it looks more aggressive.

    I just bought myself an airbrush to try my hand at doing a "fancy" design. I'm not even close to being an artist but I figured with stencils it should come out good enough for me with any colors I wanted. Something like where the graphics are tearing from one design to another. I've been saving images of body paint jobs I like, to give myself an idea. I also have seen a body painted with red and black solid colors and they used fluorescent yellow/green for the different trim, and I thought it looked sharp.

  13. #13
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    As far as clipless bodies, I only know of the Traxxas and Proline bodies. If staying clipless and painting one IMO I would pick the proline Brute clear body, to me it looks more aggressive.

    I just bought myself an airbrush to try my hand at doing a "fancy" design. I'm not even close to being an artist but I figured with stencils it should come out good enough for me with any colors I wanted. Something like where the graphics are tearing from one design to another. I've been saving images of body paint jobs I like, to give myself an idea. I also have seen a body painted with red and black solid colors and they used fluorescent yellow/green for the different trim, and I thought it looked sharp.
    I will take a look at the Pro-Line body you mentioned. That is sweet you got a air brush. The possibilities are endless with one of those. Please send some pics when you got time i would love to see what you come up with. I really like the idea you got with the tearing design, that will look sikk when you get a final product. The only way to get good at airbrushing is doing it a bunch and be confident i m sure you will do great. If i end up getting another body ill send it up to you to be airbrushed.!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •