RC poster

Revo 3.3 bash build

Hoping to get some recommendation im building my Revo 3.3 i have an OS21TM that im putting in is im mainly just going to be bashing with it i do have the FOC wih the close gear ratio in it was wondering if somebody can give me a good set up for springs shock oil and stuff i might run a TRX sway bar kit since the Tekno one is no longer available i was gonna run the big joes but kinda digging the 3.8 badlands im not gonna run a center diff so if somebody out there that is running badlands with the OS21TM motor please let me know what CB/Spur gear ratio you use cause i want to run it without putting in a Center Diff and i also dont want to pop alot of wheelies with it and i know the center diff will eliminate that but if anyone is running badlands with a OS21TM without a Center Diff and has found a good gearing combo where it wont pop alot of wheelies please share cause i havent found anything on the Forum and im planning on putting 10k diff oil F/R since people on the other Forum said thats a good weight for bashing for the servos i did order a HS-5625mg for throttle and a HS-5645mg i was planning on ordering another HS-5645mg and go back to the dual servo setup to get me in the 300 oz cause one of these is only 168 oz at 6v i will run the HD servo saver spring with these since their MG it is currently running the single servo will i be okay with running two of these or will the one be enough i did order a Spektrum 6.6v 1450 LIFE battery i looked at spec it was the perfect size for the stock battery box im a happy camper lol if anybody can give me some feed back that be great thanks
    Last edited by Spalmer26; 03-08-2020 at 01:58 AM.

RC Champion
    In tweener I run 50k rear 30k front and 500k in my center diff. I know you state you do not want to run a center diff but man its the cats knees, I messed up quite a few FOC and CDs to get my set up right. On 4s with a 2600kv motor and some wicked gearing its hard to pull a wheelie and hold it, I call it tweener because I converted it to brushless. I run 40 series badlands and they are a great tire to bash with just enough grip to give ratio. Your best compliance is going to be your suspension setup. I used to run 60w in the front and 80w in the rear with the middle pistons all around. I could drop it 6 feet and it would not bottom out and that lead to some wonky handling I now run 30w f/r and its very compliant.

You have to play with settings and all of them but one at a time to get it to suit your drive style. I know I trashed hundreds of dollars of parts learning how to not do it.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

I run the 21tm in one of mine and as long as I roll on the throttle, it doesn't wheelie too bad. I actually geared it down a bit to make it have a bit more oomph in 2nd to run at a grass bmx track I run at a lot. The grass saps away a lot of power and with the jumps being so big/close together, I spend most of my time in 2nd gear.

I run the standard ratio RRP steel gears in my transmission. Got tired of shearing pins off the main output gears and burning teeth off the primary input gears. It was fine during break-in until about the 10th tank or so... then as I continued to run the engine in, I'd end up being sent home due to transmission issues. After 4 outings being cut short, I went with RRP like my big block revo.

Running 16/38 in it now with dynamite max life 2 shoe and THS low end pipe. When I bought my THS, they had 2 pipes available, low end and mid-high end. Now I think they just have one, but not sure which it is. I had been running 16/36 in it.

I'm running a set of older arrma copperhead (kraton 6S) tires on it. They don't grip grass that well, which allows for some wheel spin to help keep wheelies down. They are similar tread pattern to the v1 talons.

The last bashing video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKh_L-gf5jw

I could probably go down to 16/40 to leverage 2nd gear a bit better still.

I was toying around with P3 rods, not sure I'll stick with those as I think I busted a shock piston, even on the lowest setting, they were too long. I was trying to prolong the life of the upper pushrod ends and running p3 rods puts them at a less harsh angle. I can't recall if I switched back to P2 lenth or not.

I run 80w AE f/r VDK #2 f/r with blue Rear/Silver front springs. If I dig into it again, I may change it to have the same setup as my ERBEv2, which bottoms out more, but seems to drive a bit better. On it, I'm running P2 rockers/rods, 70w AE VDK #3 front, 60w AE VDK #2 rear, RCRaven Springs.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Racer
    I have upgraded to the stock gearing, stock shock set up, 15 year old tires, 27ghz radio system, and basically every other stock part you can imagine. I did want mind blowing power so I threw in a 3.3 engine. LOL

Basically I have done nothing but put in a trx 3.3 in my Revo 2.5. I'll be interested in what recommendations come up as I want to modify my Revo.

I tried big tires a long time ago but I did not like the performance. I had 40 series Moabs. Keep in mind this was roughly 12 years ago. I also only have an O.S. .18TM so I do not have as much power as the big blocks. Now I have 3.8" Mashers on RPM Revolver wheels and they are great for bashing. They don't have a ton of grip but that's not what I use my truck for. I don't mind it sliding around but there is enough grip to do a wheelie every now and again.

Revo .18TM BL Rustler Stampede MERV HPI Sprint 2

RC poster
    I was wondering what kind of big aggressive tires to run i just have the talons on mine now but I want somthing that will find grip in mud. Also is there any gear reductions for the differentials if im going to get bigger tires i want to reduce stress on the transmission not just the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by chops1sc View Post
    I tried big tires a long time ago but I did not like the performance. I had 40 series Moabs. Keep in mind this was roughly 12 years ago. I also only have an O.S. .18TM so I do not have as much power as the big blocks. Now I have 3.8" Mashers on RPM Revolver wheels and they are great for bashing. They don't have a ton of grip but that's not what I use my truck for. I don't mind it sliding around but there is enough grip to do a wheelie every now and again.

Those moabs for MT's were very big back then. I loved the buggy tire version. They held up pretty well in grass and on pavement on 1/8th buggies and the jato I ran at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew6789 View Post
    I was wondering what kind of big aggressive tires to run i just have the talons on mine now but I want somthing that will find grip in mud. Also is there any gear reductions for the differentials if im going to get bigger tires i want to reduce stress on the transmission not just the motor.
    I'm not aware of any alternate diffs/gearing that work. If you want that big of tire, you may find that running the close ratio gearing in the transmission with a big spur/small bell will work best. Then the jump to 2nd gear isn't so harsh. I believe it was used a lot for racing back in the day.
    Expert rigging at it's best!