Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Something I could try is new diff cases. They donít cost much and since they are what everything attaches to they may wear out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash Ultimate 4x4, MMX-2200kv/Slash 4x4, MMX-2650

RC Qualifier

Question about LCG chassis

Yeah thatís it. Seems its the flat on the back of the slipper shaft, and the bearing adapter on the front, that set the spread in there.

Youíre cases are probably fine, that slop in there is something Iíve noticed over a long time and just never made time to pursue properly. Just happened that when you mentioned it I actually had everything already laid out in front of me to look at it. Good timing.

Oh, and I just have the stock unit, not the RR slipper.

RC Qualifier
    Oh, and totally missed it before, but could also use a 10mm ID shim in front of the bearing adapter. ie Between the bearing adapter and main motor mount bearing.

That would push it back just the same, but be easier to experiment with than sandwiched in the slipper.

Only problem is sometimes thereís an extra deep groove in the machining at that adapter right angle that could catch a thin shim. 0.5mm+ would be fine though.

RC Qualifier
    I think Iím now 100% convinced the LCG is better chassis. I got to convert too. His truck handles better, turns better, less if any dirt in the rear bulkhead.

RC Qualifier

Here is another running video of my sons LCG. Just look at it eat up all that dirt. To me it just looks right, my son has full control of the truck. He drives with TSM off like me.

https://youtu.be/9obyJv4QBNk

Was actually last week, just never posted it.

Going out again today and since I damaged my two badlands wheels Iím using Sling Shots in the rear and Badlands up front. Also making some suspension changes, moved the rear camber link out and softer LOSITEN springs in the rear for less bounce. If that doesnít work will use stiffer oil.

Last edited by Bif24701; 03-28-2020 at 11:43 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Heís a good driver. Nice smooth throttle style!

The rig is running great too

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by boosta View Post
    Heís a good driver. Nice smooth throttle style!

The rig is running great too
    His driving is improved, and that rig break far less than mine. Which is why Iím going LCG also, eventually.

RC Qualifier
    Found the out drive on my rear HCG diff loose and upon inspection found that the Hot Racing AL diff cup had already worn and the outdrive could wobble. Itís had maybe 4-6 hours 3S run time but I expected more. I will be using the Traxxas diff cups from now on, if they wear out its cheap to replace since I keep spares on hand and they come in the seal kit anyway. Itís a shame but if the diff had a bearing there this would not happen.

My sons front diff is loose too and may also need a rebuild tomorrow.

RC Qualifier
    Good you found that before any damage was done. I have heard people comment here in the past to that effect, that the best option in the end was the plastic cups.

RC Qualifier
    Good you found that before any damage was done. I have heard people comment here in the past to that effect, that the best option in the end was the plastic cups.
    So far doing well in the front but yes. Maybe if HR has warranty and replace it then Iím ok because I am very hard on these trucks and parts wear out. But the lower cost of the cup and the fact that it works well already.

I did order the 2.8 Badlands 17mm hex, Hot Racing 6mm off set 17mm hub adapters. More bearings, green heavy duty Traxxas 4x4 arms to replace the red ones, yuck. Iím am going to go LCG just havenít got there yet. Maybe when I get a stimulus.

RC Qualifier

The 40$ Traxxas ring and pinion gears show zero signs of wear! I will say they seem worthy replacements when needed. I find my drive train is much quieter with them than my sons truck. You can hear it in the videos. Less vibration reduces wear on parts.
    Last edited by Bif24701; 03-31-2020 at 12:31 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Thatís interesting. I forgot about spirals being quieter. That may push me over the edge, always trying for a quieter ride.

I think those 17mmís will serve you well. 12mm just strips like crazy on the bigger wheels.

RC Qualifier
    Thatís interesting. I forgot about spirals being quieter. That may push me over the edge, always trying for a quieter ride.

I think those 17mmís will serve you well. 12mm just strips like crazy on the bigger wheels.
    Even my SCT wheels stripped. Mostly due to synthetic fibers from a carpet someone keeps putting out on the course.

I also find the spiral cut gears are just smoother period. Also the material is very hard as there is zero wear and Iíve already spent one pinion gear already lol.

RC Qualifier
    Argh, that drives me nuts, getting stuff tangled round the axels!

RC Qualifier
    Argh, that drives me nuts, getting stuff tangled round the axels!
    Yes, I was on fire. I keep removing them but someone thinks they must be somewhere on the track......

RC Qualifier
    My HCG With spiral cut diffs. I seem not able to avoid cones here but you get the picture lol.

https://youtu.be/qV6drLuwx1o

The LCG without

https://youtu.be/F8S2zi0f26M

RC Qualifier
    Thatís a great comparison. Didnít think to listen for it before, but now I do itís obvious. I do like the smoother sound of the spiral gears. Thanks!!!

RC Qualifier
    Thatís a great comparison. Didnít think to listen for it before, but now I do itís obvious. I do like the smoother sound of the spiral gears. Thanks!!!
    After I convert my chassis to LCG finally Iíll be putting a full set on my sons truck.

RC Qualifier
    Ordered the KHZ bearing adapter. I think mine is worn allowing my slipper to migrate in the rear assy. Looks like it was meant to go with the motor mounts, too bad didnít include with them.

King Headz Traxxas Slash 4x4 Slipper Bearing Adapter (1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0061Z1KD4..._0GYGEbRNA61DQ

Good job. I've heard good things about their adapter. I have not used one, but have their motor mounts on both of my rigs.

I have the Robinson Racing bearing adapter on one of my rigs.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    Good job. I've heard good things about their adapter. I have not used one, but have their motor mounts on both of my rigs.

I have the Robinson Racing bearing adapter on one of my rigs.
    I would have ordered one for each of my trucks but only one was in stock.

Other parts came in today. Like 10x19x5mm bearings for the KHZ motor mounts, pack of 10.

2.8 Badlands on 17mm hubs

And a 18t pinion to gear down a little with the huge 2.8 Badlands being taller donít need as much speed. Also heavier so I think gearing down is smart here.

RC Qualifier

I donít think I uploaded pictures with body on.

RC Qualifier
    These arms are exactly what I was looking for. Harder than RPMs but wonít shatter like stock, less flex. These Badlands are super, but I canít put them on till my new hub are here. I like how the big MT tires take a lot of the stress from hits and jumps while giving better hold and traction in really lose terrain. The Trenchers however may still be my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bif24701 View Post
    I don’t think I uploaded pictures with body on.
    Here:
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post6527817

Looks great!

RC Qualifier

Haha! Thanks Squeegie.

RC Qualifier
    More work on the truck. Moved the receiver box and cleaned it all up. What a mess, the B-link takes a lot of room but I was able to make it work! I love the B-Link.

I really like these new arms. They flex far less than the RPM arms and just fit better especially with the shock guards.

The green is growing on me. I had to get rid of the red.

RC Qualifier

Going to gear down because of the bigger wheels tires. 20t was crazy fast already.

RC Qualifier
    My truck only needs the 17mm that are on the way and itís complete! Removed plastic fender wells and replaced it with a Dusty motors cover. Iíve had this thing for 2 years and never bothered to put it on, wasnít compatible with the plastic ones. When I found my sons Dusty Motors Cover did better than the fenders I knew it had to go on. Wish it was green.

With those things gone I can move my receiver box to where I want it to be. Improved wire/cable management. Happy with the result. Keeps everything out of the way of the battery and not so tight that chassis flex will not add significant stress on connections.

Birds nest in the receiver box, got it to work.

RC Qualifier
    Ok. So Iím finally doing it and getting the LCG conversion for my Slash 4x4. I had too, Iím literally jealous of how well his truck performance is compared to mine (HCG).

My truck only needs the 17mm that are on the way and itís complete!
    Ok. So Iím finally doing it and getting the LCG conversion for my Slash 4x4. I had too, Iím literally jealous of how well his truck performance is compared to mine (HCG).
    HaHa! These things are NEVER complete!

Have fun!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    HaHa! These things are NEVER complete!

Have fun!
    I know itís bad. Lol.

RC Qualifier

That wasnít too hard. Looks pretty good. Oh and I liked the 1515-2200kv so well in my sons truck I had to get one too. Drop the gear down to a 16t and this motor should keep the temps down on only 3S and chassis cover. I found the chassis covers increase temps because they restrict airflow significantly!

RC Qualifier

Now ready for a good bash!!

RC Enthusiast
    Looks nice! Enjoy.

What did you like better about the 2200KV motor vs the 2650kv motor?

HUGH
    Every day is a gift.. Enjoy them!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by HHARRIS View Post
    Looks nice! Enjoy.

What did you like better about the 2200KV motor vs the 2650kv motor?

HUGH
    Just that itís bigger and hopefully will be cooler with the Dusty Motors cover. I think the 2650 is perfect for the slash in size and power. The 2200kv is just more motor so when gear down should result lower temps. I think the 2650 is lighter and perfect for 3S because you will get more speed.

RC Qualifier
    I can now say with all certainty that the LCG was what I needed all along. The performance of the motor mount I think is critical. The new design doesnít allow the kind of deflection and movement of the input shaft. Handling, steering, jumping, and durability all appear to be superior. I did purchase the chassis brace but I do not think I need it with the hard bash armor, acts as a brace. Also with the receiver box mounted where it is makes impossible to install unless I find a new place for it.

I am very happy with the LCG chassis. So glad I finally did it.

RC Qualifier
    Very excited I found a way to mount my VG chassis brace. Which is really well made. I was bummed because I didnít see how it would work but I found some spaces and Bamm!

RC Qualifier
    Also fixed the rear shock guards, No rub! The tears on these things take a beating from front tire spray, this helps.

RC Qualifier
    Got one for my sons truck too. I think this will help keep the drive line straight under torque and turns thus preventing me from have to do more MX.
    I took it out for a little test try in the parking lot, ahaha, it jumps! Only real difference now between the two trucks is the spiral cut diff gears.

RC Qualifier
    I have taken my Truck our several times and not broken any parts. Here are some thoughts:

The chassis cover to prevent rocks and sand choking my chassis prevents air and heat from moving out. This can lead to heat problems. So I have geared down to. 16t pinion. I think itís perfect for my kind of running/bashing. There is still enough speed in the Castle 1515-2200kv and 16t pinion to take the truck faster than I can really go on an off-road track.

The chassis brace actually does a lot that canít been seen on the table. When the truck under power, braking, jumps or whatever the chassis flexes. This flexing changes the position of parts and how stress is applied to them. This flex takes parts out of their normal position thus creating extra stress to the drivetrain. The VG chassis brace prevents this flex and ensures the drive line is straight for optimal performance and durability. Honestly it has to be the 2nd best upgrade to the slash after quality drive shafts. If you donít have a VG Chassis Brace GET ONE!

KHZ motor mount, larger bearing. This part is perfect for folk that run more power like a Castle system or 3s.

Castle motor and ESC, well itís great. Sensored running is fun too with the smooth control to bash or crawl even. B-link allows me to make changes while running without removing the body or anything else with my phone.

Servo, 2255 is the servo the Slash deserves, Powerful enough for 2.8 Badlands and much faster than the stock. Drops right in.

GTR shock and Losi springs. I think these shocks wort great, I use the less stiff ones and seems to work great. Iím sure there are better more expensive shocks possible but these are aluminum case and thicker strain get steel shafts. Not had any any problems whatsoever with the shocks. Easy to assemble and rebuild, doesnít leak or lose fluid. Do not require a rebuild after every run. In fact I have not rebuild, still going strong.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast