Thread: Body options

RC Competitor

Body options

Hello,
    I've got an older Rally (the type that's just a Slash with some different bumpers and body mounts).

I'm about a hair's breadth from just making it another Slash. Before I do that, any suggestion on currently available bodies to keep it Rally-ish? Seems I have to swap out suspension parts to use the Fiesta body (and I'm not interested in doing that).

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    The 7411 clear body is still widely available, you can get one and paint it any way you want it. *cue Journey*

Ebay also has a bunch of deltaplastik 325mm bodies for slash that should work fine with the adjustable body posts. Some of them are rather rally car like.

That is the same one(7411) I been looking at for years and have been hoping for some other options because to me the price is more than I am willing to spend on a stock unpainted body. And with the current increase in the popularity of the rally style. I find it odd there are not more options out there.

RC Qualifier
    Also, a lot of the Parma muscle bodies for SCT should fit. Granted that would be more retro rally than a modern hot hatch type

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    The 7411 clear body is still widely available, you can get one and paint it any way you want it. *cue Journey*

Ebay also has a bunch of deltaplastik 325mm bodies for slash that should work fine with the adjustable body posts. Some of them are rather rally car like.
    Will any of the 325mm bodies work? I'm new to this and have been trying to figure out a way to get the Traxxas Rally with a Subaru Body. I found this one that's for the Slash (which would be fine - I don't yet own the Rally... have a Rustler for me and a Bandit for the kids).

https://deltaplastikusa.com/collecti...ts/0108-subaru
    Last edited by williamstentz; 04-15-2020 at 03:08 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by williamstentz View Post
    Will any of the 325mm bodies work? I'm new to this and have been trying to figure out a way to get the Traxxas Rally with a Subaru Body. I found this one that's for the Slash (which would be fine - I don't yet own the Rally... have a Rustler for me and a Bandit for the kids).

https://deltaplastikusa.com/collecti...ts/0108-subaru
    As long as you use the adjustable body posts from the rally/fiesta I donít see why not as long as they are similar hatch back shape. Sl4sh stock are 296mm wide at the tires so well within the 310mm width listed for the deltaplastik body. A little pricy but no worse than the fiesta bodies which are actually narrower and wonít fit regular Sl4sh.
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 04-16-2020 at 03:22 AM.

RC poster
    Thanks for the advice! I'll look into seeing what I can pick up.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTrane2028 View Post
    Seems I have to swap out suspension parts to use the Fiesta body (and I'm not interested in doing that).
    The Fiesta body will just about fit with careful choice of wheels/tyres and setting the body height sensibly. This is my Slash 4x4 Ultimate (original arms, links etc) on Traxxas 17mm converters and Hoons. I also increased the camber gain slightly by using a different position for the camber links so the tyres tuck in slightly more into the arches as they move upwards. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeve View Post
    The Fiesta body will just about fit with careful choice of wheels/tyres and setting the body height sensibly. This is my Slash 4x4 Ultimate (original arms, links etc) on Traxxas 17mm converters and Hoons. I also increased the camber gain slightly by using a different position for the camber links so the tyres tuck in slightly more into the arches as they move upwards. Hope that helps!

That does look good, I will have to try that.

RC Qualifier
    Hey, awesome build! I was wondering If I could borrow your suspension settings as I cant seem to get the body sitting right, its practically mounted on my wheels. ( I also have the 17 mm hex con ) Thank you!

RC Competitor
    Thanks!

Ok, so I do still get a little bit of rubbing but nothing Iím too worried about. Luckily the Arrma tyres are quite small diameter. I have gone for the Traxxas blue springs on my Slash (+20% rate I believe) and a fair bit of preload. Camber links are set to the lower outermost points (with camber adjusted to suit). For the shocks - I think the uppers are in the middle holes front and rear, and same for the lowers (middle of 3 holes). The body mounts are pretty much on their highest setting at the front and as per the pic below at the rear. It could do with stiffer springs to be honest, but it works ok for now...

Hope that helps!

RC Competitor
    Actually, I just realised that rear body mount height could be misleading as I have a second set of body mounts under it! Itís for the remains of the slash body with on board audio:

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeve View Post
    Actually, I just realised that rear body mount height could be misleading as I have a second set of body mounts under it! It’s for the remains of the slash body with on board audio:

Alright awesome thanks!!! I got the body sitting alright now, i thought i had maximized the front but i realized I had still a little wiggle room left. Anyway that painted body is freaking awesome!! How many cans of paint was it to paint it? I just want to a simple all red paint.

RC Competitor

Body options

Great news that you got it sorted!

The blue on mine was done with just one can (although my roof is black, so maybe youíll need 2 cans). I also backed it with white to make the blue nice and bright.

Thereís a few more pics in the rally photo gallery thread if that helps.

Good luck with the spraying, looking forward to seeing the results!