Beauty and the Beast...my two builds!

So I started off with my first E Revo and wanted to build a formidable street truck, fast, tight suspension, and solid handling. I built this truck from the ground up with a ton of custom upgrades. All Traxxas light weight aluminum accessories, Lunsford hinge pins, Savox 1231sg single servo upgrade, GTR hard anodized shocks with TIN shafts, custom front shock bumpstop, R1 fans on Yeah Racing heat sink, GRP wheels and tires, JConcepts wing, custom pillow ball boots, RPM arms, Fast Eddie bearings, regeared it and more! I then had Kris at Darkside Designs spray me a custom shell to compliment the truck. I added Traxxas body savers, and then painted touches of the truck itself to tie all the colors together. Named this truck Beauty!

Well after watching everyone having such fun bashing off road...I knew I needed to get in on it! So I went on a search and found a Limited Edition Black E Revo 2.0 for a killer deal at a shop out in NY. I ordered it up and got to work on it. I tore it down and dyed the rockers black and pillow ball boot clips black. Changed the truck over to the black Fast Eddie Bearings as well. Added all the red Traxxas aluminum, did some mod work so I could run both rear braces and limiting straps. Added a Hot Racing motor mount w heat sinks, Yeah Racing heat sink w Yeah racing fans, Proline Badlands, GTR hard anodized shocks with TIN shafts, Traxxas 2255 single servo conversion, custom pillow ball boots and more. I was convinced by my loved ones not to run the limited edition body due to its value...so I again reached out to Kris at Darkside Designs. He sprayed me a shell to look similar to my limited edition shell, with his own touches and hints of red to tie the truck in. I then again did some paint touches to tie the chassis to the scheme. This truck is called Beast!

So without further waiting...here they are (sorry got photo happy)! Please let me know your feedback on them!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Here are the rest of my pics!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Beauty and Beast... I don't know, those are both pretty good looking trucks! Way cleaner than mine by a mile!
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Looking hot. Time to go that beast dirty, and stop being a shelf princess.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

They are both gonna get some good run time this weekend for sure! By no means shelf queens lol! Just finalizing Traxxas Link App set up on them and doing test passes to check for bugs today.

Sharp looking trucks!! I like the colored in letters, that really adds to the look.

RC poster
    Wow man absolutely beautiful builds my friend

RC Racer
    Man, they are super sweet!

RC Competitor
    Those are amazing looking. I like how you did green push rods and then blue toe links. Goes perfect with that body. What are you using for pillow ball boots? And whatís up with the chassis brace on the green truck? Canít tell in the pic. And Iíd love to know how to get the guy who painted those bodies to paint one for me one day when I need one.
    Last edited by Ed-The-Ace; 03-16-2020 at 10:22 PM.

Thanks guys! Took them out this weekend and was very happy with both set ups! Dont think ill change anything on the off road truck (beast) and the on road truck (beauty) going to play with the gearing a bit to get some more top speed.

Ed-The-Ace, for pillow ball boots there is a guy on ebay that 3D prints w silicone and makes them...makes tons of colors. I'll PM you the info to keep within forum rules. The chassis brace is the aluminum aftermarket Traxxas one (TRA5632). What looks different is on top of it is a type of hook and loop lock tape. On both trucks I run a separate 2s lipo to power my motor cooling fans so they dont pull anything from the ESC. I can also shut the truck off and keep the motor cooling this way. The hook and loop tape is on that brace and the back of the 2s lipo. Since that truck is for street racing, I clip on the 2s lipo w the hook and loop tape and it isn't going anywhere. I can pick up the truck by the lipo it is so strong...lol! The off road truck doesnt have that hook and loop tape, as I run the 2s lipo in the same spot, but use a pair of velcro straps to cinch it down so it doesn't come out jumping and landing and cartwheeling and such. As for my bodies, Kris from Darkside Designs sprayed them both. You send him pictures or ideas for what you want, order your body and ship it to him. He sprays it as you want and ships it back. He paints a ton of the Pro RC Racers bodies. Prices are VERY reasonable for the amazing quality you get. He has both a website and Facebook for his business. I highly recommend his work!

RC poster
    Looking sharp, very nice

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Nice ! BEAST trips my trigger ! Good looking rigs both !