Trx4 Stock axel grease

I'm planning to add some grease to my TRX6's diffs, the appear to be not greased enough, but I'm not exactly sure. There's a very thin layer on the gear itself, and a visible tiny blob next to it.
    I asked Traxxas support of what the stock grease is (I don't want to take apart every axel (3 of them), clean them out, and put in new grease) so I can just slap some in there. The guy said lithium grease, and I took that as the answer, until I opened up a diff and saw that the grease was a grayish black. The only lithium grease that Traxxas sells is white, does the grease turn black or something?, or is there a different grease inside the differentials?

Thanks!
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

Dunno, I'd clean it off and use what you want... Lithium grease works.

My normal go-to grease is AE Black Grease, it stays on the gears fairly well, but comes off easy during maintenance, repairs and rebuilds. If I am planning for use in water (other than every once in a blue moon), then I will use marine grease.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Trx4 Stock axel grease

It could be moly type grease, like the AE Black grease. In general though, for diffs like that, that arenít really sealed, and so use grease, you really donít need much. Any excess is either thrown off the gears, such as the blob you mentioned, or just ends up clogging everything up in there. Itís not really like diff fluid.

This is about how much I use, and have had consistently good results.

Not black moly grease, obviously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RC Dad; 03-12-2020 at 10:50 PM.

I guess I don't need to add more grease on my diffs judging from this image, the is a slight rackety sound that may or may not have been there before in the diffs, but I assume I can hear it now only because I stopped the links from squeaking in the axels.

Also, like Greatscott said, if you decide youíll be getting wet regularly, Yamalube is excellent grease. Very affordable.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    When building the diffs from the Sport Kit. The instructions were telling you to apply small dots of grease. And the grease they supplied was very dark gray.

RC poster
    I'm in the middle of building the TRX chassis kit. It comes with a small tube of their high performance grease.
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/5041

The only other grease in the kit is the blue grease to seal the receiver box.

Can you check is what color the grease is? If it's a dark gray its probably it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    Can you check is what color the grease is? If it's a dark gray its probably it.
    It is

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    It is

Yeah, I contacted them again on the support chat, this time they said it was the high performance grease, thanks though!