Thread: Chassis cover

RC Qualifier

Chassis cover

There was a chassis cover that had like inner fendes as part of the cover that was being sold on ebay out of the U.K. I believe. Anyone know if these are still available? They were a little pricey but i'm looking at the time i'd save cleaning so i'm ready to buy but can't seem to find them.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Amain sells them I think if you are thinking of scorched rc. Make sure you get the right version lcg vs hcg. I have a set for my lcg and it’s great. It does limit you to the stock body or similar shape though, since the adjustable posts on prolines for more custom shapes and such will bend it beyond its original design.
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 03-16-2020 at 12:42 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Ok, thanks. I knew I ran across them before but they were out of stock at that time.

The only thing I can think of that matches what you are describing was a video by AMain that had a Dusty Motors chassis shroud, Scorched Parts fender flairs, and a ProLine Bash Armor body:

People have built their own inner fenders but cutting up 1 Gallon plastic bottles.

You can print one if you have a 3D printer:

https://www.stlfinder.com/model/trax...E79xG/8490948/

JConcepts still sells their overtrays:
    https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/illuz...h-4x4-overtray

Good luck and keep us posted!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Oh... Proline used to make an undertray as well, but reviews were not that good.

Here's a review by The Jang:

RC Qualifier
    The Scorched Parts inner fenders that AMain sells are the ones I was l looking for. It looks like they've made some changes to them. They used to be one piece that covered the entire chassis. Odd thing is there's a scissors included with each of their current covers. Guess i'll have plenty of scissors. I have three lcg and one hcg.

RC Qualifier
    I don’t think the scorched rc I got from a main came with scissors, I remember I didn’t really care since I had plenty of scissors

I don’t know why they are not more popular. After running them on my Sl4sh I don’t know how I did without them. It solves the problem of the mesh or plastic over tray that trap heat and made running 3s much cooler.

Possible that it's not popular for the people that run multiple bodies that aren't all the same SC truck...

RC Qualifier
    Scorched Parts on amain makes inner fenders for Slash HCG and LCG. They do a good job of keeping crap out and deflecting the spray from the front tires. I have them on my HCG, the LCG are our of stock. Dusty Motors chassis cover works well for my LCG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash Ultimate 4x4, MMX-2200kv/Slash 4x4, MMX-2650

I have the Dusty Motors cover as well, but HR's looks good:

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...LCF16C06;c=805

RC Racer
    https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/illuz...e-lcg-overtray FYI. You're going to have to watch temps. with any cover.
    Last edited by Forrest; 03-24-2020 at 01:58 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I'm going with Scorched Parts covers from AMain as soon as LCG covers are back in stock. They are like inner fenders that keep debris from being thrown onto the chassis without covering the electronics.

RC Qualifier
    I got tired of waiting for the LCG Scorched RC inner fender kits to be back in stock so I purchased a HCG kit for the only HCG i have. It's quite tedious to cut the front and rear sections in half then trim them to fit. The outlines and instructions are not real clear but i managed to not mess it up. There is a nice pair of lexan scissors included. I had to ream out the front body post holes to fit my 4x4 rear shock tower i used in front. I had one odd piece left that looked like it would have mounted on the stock front tower but all in all I was very pleased with this inner fender kit. Next time i would leave extra material and cut and fit to get the fenders tighter to the body.