Thread: Body clips

RC Qualifier

Body clips

Is it me or do any of you guys hate body clips. I loose 2 every time out, they get harder to get in and out after wear and tear.

What do you guys do, is there something better ?

RC Qualifier
    DuBro makes rubber clip lanyards that I use on all my trucks that don't have the Pro-Line thumbwasher type fasteners.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I don't know if Pro-line makes any body mounts for your truck, my experience is 1/10th Slashes.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Drill out the post and install the Pro-Line Extended Body mount thumbwasher kit.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/proline...BoCJlEQAvD_BwE

FYI it does not have to be made for your vehicle to work. That is the beauty of a hobby grade toy.
    Last edited by zedorda; 04-03-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Drill out the post and install the Pro-Line Extended Body mount thumbwasher kit.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/proline...BoCJlEQAvD_BwE

FYI it does not have to be made for your vehicle to work. That is the beauty of a hobby grade toy.
    The Pro-line thumbwasher kit won't work.

The setscrews are an M4x12mm. The 1/16 body posts are too small to hold them. You end up with less than .5mm of material in the round part to hold the screw. The square part of the body post doesn't have much material to it. It is only 2.5mm thick because of the recess in it.

I have found ease of use just by putting zip ties through all my clips as a good pull handle.

I used to do this more, but on my old radios, I would clip the body clips onto the 27mhz antenna by the tip to hold them when not on the vehicle. I have been considering putting a brass tube somehow on my new radios just so I have a place to clip them when I am at the field and need to take the body off.

Otherwise I'd be doing the rubber retainers thing.

-Mike

I might give these a try. They look shorter than the dual retainers. hot-racing-1-8th-body-clip-retainers